Season 130 - Reggae vibes

My biggest apologies Wendy for offending you. I was trying to keep it light and in doing so have hurt your feelings and thats not good. this is a fun playground and I like to try and play nice.

Even bigger apologies to Yeti and Kira for engaging in this subject on their thread. This has nothing to do with you two or your amazing week of reggae.

My biggest fear is that the newcomers shy away because we are arguing over something unimportant to this thread of reggae.

Another apology to all the newcomers for possibly turning you off. The seasons are a safe zone of love and support and all around good humor and fun:) I would have loved to have heard from them about whether the time and 8 day space has been confusing for them but being the wise old owl that I am, I would rather say...Lets move on and play our Ukuleles :)

Thanks Lelo.....to put this in perspective....a hundred years from now we will all laugh about this. Maluhia

I have revisited this thread so many times today and found no new reggae (with a few awesome exceptions) and PAGES of crap about nothing. If I were hosting this week I would be furious...
That said- apologies to our hosts for our collective lousy behavior today.
There are some great videos embedded in that garbage, so please take the time to go watch them. Worth wading through it all.
In any event- the JR is going up, and I am going to play a fourth song.
That is why we are here gang, and none of the rest matters at all.
This one is for Brian. Reggae time.

Thanks for saying what I thought Sir.
Life is too short and hey....Ukulele's have been called the instruments of peace by some (how can one play...and in my case "play at it") with a frown? So far I can't!
I consider this number as a bonus and was surprised at how fast I learned the words for the sing-a-long part....I must be a quick study...lol
Again thanks and to the Hosts of this contest I too am embarrassed. It was so kind for you two to sponsor this contest, for those who shared a piece or "4" thanks. I really enjoyed your efforts. My cheeks are hurting from smiling, what a wonder Sunday morning you all made it for me Aloha....and Maluhia
Once again to our Host for this contest.....Thank You very much.

Ok, This is easy. I live in AZ and I get up at Ooooooo let say 8am and I go to bed...Oooooo sometime before midnight. So for me my season will be 8 days somewhere between that time:biglaugh:

You could drive yourself crazy with this Wendy:wallbash:

before 12:00 AM Sunday

eight days later on Sunday at 11:59:59 PM

To me that means I have 7 days to play my uke and 1 day to rest and think about the next season:)

Many may know that George Harrison was a uke player and I learned may years ago from them there are "Eight Days A Week"...;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VadngOGKlP0

I was lucky enough to be drawn as a winner on this super-super reggae week - winning a lovely Russian hat from hosts Yeti and Kira - and it has just arrived from Moscow! Woohoo!!!!!!

:smileybounce:

It's beautiful, what a lovely prize, I feel so blessed this morning! Thank you both so much! (I'll post a photo later.....)

I was lucky enough to be drawn as a winner on this super-super reggae week - winning a lovely Russian hat from hosts Yeti and Kira - and it has just arrived from Moscow! Woohoo!!!!!!

:smileybounce:

It's beautiful, what a lovely prize, I feel so blessed this morning! Thank you both so much! (I'll post a photo later.....)

Congratulations once again, and we will be looking forward to seeing that photo of you wearing your prize! :)

Yay! My little granddaughter came in after shopping with this different looking blue box. I thought it was a toy that she bought. She handed it to me and I was so excited. Its my beautiful hat. I have a collection of old hats that are displayed in my living room and I am most proud to add this to the group:D

IMG_3479.JPG.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3479.JPG.jpg
    IMG_3479.JPG.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Lesley, you look wonderful in the hat! It's a nice shape and color for your face.
Now, you must find a dress to match and learn to sing Oche Chornye (sp!).

And Linda, please show us your hat on your head.

ochi chernye - Очи чёрные

Thanks Yeti and Kira.

Hello, everyone!
Lesley, were glad you got your prize! You look gorgeous wearing that hat! Cheers to you! BTW, the laces should be tied behind your head :)
Linda, we hope you like your new hat in the collection. Bet you look in it just as beautiful as Lesley does :)
Doug, Thanks for the song! Your Russian seems to be progressing!! :)

You guys made our evening! :)

Hello, everyone!
Lesley, were glad you got your prize! You look gorgeous wearing that hat! Cheers to you! BTW, the laces should be tied behind your head :)
Linda, we hope you like your new hat in the collection. Bet you look in it just as beautiful as Lesley does :)
Doug, Thanks for the song! Your Russian seems to be progressing!!

You guys made our evening!

Yes my beautiful hat is perfect. I really love it. Thank you both so much for your generosity :)

RockSchool SE1E07 (1983) Reggae

This was originally posted in 3 separate clips, back in the day when YT had a 10 minute limit on uploads. I've downloaded them and spliced them back together (which involved correcting the screen size on part 3 of the original upload), so you can watch it as one single programme.

It's the definitive guide to playing reggae, which is why Season 130's been bumped back up to the top of the Seasons. Don't know how long YT will let me keep it up, so grab it while you can.

Ha...I remember this excellent little programme ....typical BBC ..get a bloody fantastic program that's " dahn wiv' da yoof "
....and then stop making it !!!

1985 so I was about 26 ish...and loved both series ....good spot Paul.

Ha...I remember this excellent little programme ....typical BBC ..get a bloody fantastic program that's " dahn wiv' da yoof "
....and then stop making it !!!

1985 so I was about 26 ish...and loved both series ....good spot Paul.

1983, CJ - the clue's in the post's title - but thanks anyway :)

Top Bottom