Loprinzi mahogany soprano...........what do you think

:(

If you hadn't snapped at this quite so quick, I would have LOL. I've been looking for longneck soprano for a long now but nothing else has struck my fancy that is within my budget :(. Your gain, my loss. Enjoy.

Looks like they have more than one. Still says "In Stock", and allows you to add it to your cart. Thinking about it myself

I own a solid mahogany soprano AMS, if I can return it I'll send it back. The frets have sharp edges, always need to tune it. I can't believed the frets on my $25 mahalo is much smoothier compared to loprinzi soprano I bought it online from HMS a year ago.

Wouldn't the fret issue be an easy fix? I think I would do that myself and I'm really gun-shy about tinkering with my ukes.

I briefly owned a LoPrinzi soprano and had to return it due to a twisted neck. It had done some traveling before it got to me, so I think that was the likely cause. It was nearly flawless otherwise, so I really doubt it left the LoPrinzi shop like that.

Last edited:
I'm sure Donna would readily fix anything like that............if..........it's a problem. The LoPrinzi's I've seen and played have had no "issues."

I'm sure Donna would readily fix anything like that............if..........it's a problem. The LoPrinzi's I've seen and played have had no "issues."

That's a good point. And believe me, my own experience hasn't deterred me from wanting another LoPrinzi. I thought long and hard before I made the return. Now I plan on getting a tenor, after I buy a Kamaka pineapple. They are such a great deal, even when not on sale.

Great to hear you think so highly of them, I have been drooling over the Maui Music retro you have for sale..........somebody needs to buy that.

Funny story, the one that you just linked is the exact one I was thinking about buying. I like long neck sopranos and had emailed that store a few questions earlier today but with the time difference I did not expect to hear back until late EST.

Then you post the link, it is a great bargin as both you and Phil pointed out and I panicked.........thinking someone will now see it and steal it right out from under me. Well they can't do that because I just ordered it. All your fault d-mace :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Don't let fear run your UAS, young man ... look forward to strumming the heck out of it! What is that now, eight?

I have a Loprinzi soprano, with cedar top and mahogany back and sides. I've had it for some time and I really enjoy it.

However, if I wanted to buy an excellent mahogany soprano, I'd buy dirtiestkidever's Timms Style 0 mahogany soprano (see his thread in the Marketplace section). I'd be after that uke myself, but I have one of my own, which is spectacular in form, finish and sound.

I have a Loprinzi soprano, with cedar top and mahogany back and sides. I've had it for some time and I really enjoy it.

However, if I wanted to buy an excellent mahogany soprano, I'd buy dirtiestkidever's Timms Style 0 mahogany soprano (see his thread in the Marketplace section). I'd be after that uke myself, but I have one of my own, which is spectacular in form, finish and sound.

I second that...:shaka:

Ginny, I agree 100% with you on the Timms. I only like the super soprano neck length, the AS-4 that I own is a long neck. I also looked at the long neck Kelii but I feel the Loprinzi is a better instrument so I have purchased it. Now we wait from Hawaii to just outside Toronto, Canada. Should get here before the snow flies ;)

Just missed the boat on this one. I called them today and they are out of stock on it. They are not expecting anymore.

I got the one and only one they had. I asked him if the picture was of the actual uke and he said yes. I am still waiting on it, been 11 days now. USPS tracking says it is still at Canada customs since the 18th............waiting is the hardest part, sounds like the words to a song :music:

Last edited:
I am considering buying a Loprinzi mahogany soprano. What do you think of them, anyone own one or has played one. How do Loprinzi stack up against other instruments in a similar price point. Thanks for your help

Mosey on down to http://www.sprucetreemusic.com/ukes_loprinzi.html .

They gots wut u wants. And they're a great dealer.

I have an LP koa concert, a work of art. You'll keep it for a lifetime.

Mosey on down to http://www.sprucetreemusic.com/ukes_loprinzi.html .

They gots wut u wants. And they're a great dealer.

I have an LP koa concert, a work of art. You'll keep it for a lifetime.
Thanks for the link. I called them and they did not have the long necks. They are expecting the Concerts in soon.

If anybody who recently bought the Loprinz AM-S-LN longneck and has changed their minds or has buyers remorse, let me know. I am interested.

Thanks for the link. I called them and they did not have the long necks. They are expecting the Concerts in soon.

If anybody who recently bought the Loprinz AM-S-LN longneck and has changed their minds or has buyers remorse, let me know. I am interested.

I would sell you mine but I don't have it yet :wtf: Maybe I should actually play it first before selling it :music:

I would sell you mine but I don't have it yet :wtf: Maybe I should actually play it first before selling it :music:
Play it and then review it please. (When it comes in of course.:D ) I am curious as I don't find anything on it other than it's a Loprinzi. I talked to Donna Loprinzi and it is one of hers. They sell it directly to HawaiianOnlineOutlet, not on their own site.

Top Bottom