Does it bother you?

No, not at all. Afterall, I would think that at one time we all have done it!! I just answer or skip on. No biggie

I just asked because a couple of times I've asked about something and very quickly someone points me to a huge thread that I'm assuming they want me to work my way through, rather than start a new discussion. Not just here either, it happens in almost any forum. I personally like to discuss things, even if they have been discussed before. I also have gotten little or no response from the search, and again, that does not seem to be something unique to UU. About every forum I'm on the search does not really filter well. But the point has been voiced by most here, we are here to enjoy each other's company, so that is what I want to do.

Ukuleles are consumer products. New brands and models pop up, older ones are discontinued, or common problems can arise with an existing model after it's been played awhile. Hence, a 3-month-old thread may be full of outdated information.

Sometimes, too, a question involves more unique concerns than would be apparent at first glance.

Personally, I may grow weary if I see essentially the same question asked several times, several days in a row ... but I see that as my cue to wander off and do other stuff (unless it's the same person asking over and over again, but that's a different kettle of fish).

First question, does it bother you when someone posts a question that has already been discussed at some point in the past? Second question, do you use the "search" to try and find if a subject has been discussed in the past, before you post a thread on the subject?
Your questions has been asked and answered numerous times before. :)

Top Bottom