Seasonistas do The Breakup Song

bird's eye view of my ukelele

Reaction score
hey there seasons peeps!

i've done the breakup song

rex has done the breakup song

do you wanna do the breakup song???

don't worry - THE BREAKUP SONG IS NOT HARD TO DO!

ah - that microscopic joke sounded sooooooooooooooo much better in my head!!!!!

here is the original...

i got the chords from here

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/m/misc_unsigned_bands/greg_kinh_band_-_break_up_song_crd.htm

i skipped the Dm and G7. i'm not saying it was right to. i'm just mentioning, in passing, that i did!

rex's chords are here https://sites.google.com/site/jazzbanjorex/Resources

i will post my and rex's takes below... do join us if you fancy, it's a great song, fun to do. all the very best people are doing it ;)

and oh look, in a spirit of quite mad optimism, i have created a playlist!

seasonistas do the breakup song playlist

and just to clarify, in response to wendy's post........

new vids made for this thread, please

and

regular covers, so we are all doing the same thing, the same song (albeit in our own beautiful and individual ways) - ie. no mashups please

TIME LIMIT IS....................... there is no time limit! :D

Last edited:
This is the raddest thread ever posted on the underground...I am proud to be here at this moment.

Oh yes...I will not miss this party.
dancingmonkey.gif

Ooh, ooh, ooh ... does this count?

well that is super from FiL, wendy, but i am looking for regular covers, so we are all doing the same thing, the same song, and also i'd like it to be a new vid for this thread, ie. there is a new bandwagon in town - this thread! - and people are jumping on it! i will go specify all that in the opening post. awesome job though there, from FiL, and no mistake

My name is Wendy, and I am a Seasons of the Ukulele addict.
The first step is to admit you have a problem.

rex started it all really, telling me about the song, i'm so glad he did, and once we'd both done a cover, it was him who said ooh do you think we could get other seasonistas to do it too? (i dunno if he actually said "ooh"! i think i may have made the "ooh" bit up!) thank you for joining the party, TCK! :rock:

It all started one hot August day when I commented on Bird's Eye's "I Fell In Love With A Female Plumber". She posted back "thanks! they don't really write 'em like this anymore!". Well like my every haunting minute of my days the line made me think of a song, This time The Breakup Song. I posted a link back to Bird's Eye of The Breakup Song and she dug it as I knew she would. I was surprised to she' never heard of it. We were then in a race to see who would get it done first and she won on timing and style. I went ahead and made my video. In the back and forth conversing about our different styles of the one song it was decided that we should get other Seasonistas in on the fun. So here we are. Jump in. The song is fine. Show us your style with The Breakup Song.

Top Bottom