Mayweather versus Maidana II

coolkayaker1

Reaction score
Okay, gotta be some fans of the "sweet science" out there. Sept 13, PPV and in cinemas (which is where I will see it), is Maidana versus Mayweather rematch.

Match one a few months ago, excellent video here:

By ducking Manny Pacquiao, Floyd is now 46-0 professionally. At age 37, he's stated he has about four fights left in him--just enough to best Rocky Marciano's 49-0 final record.

This is getting interesting. Will he make it? Can he continue to duck the PacMan and still go down as the ultimate champ? The highest paid athlete in professional sports (earnings 85 million in 2013), is he getting soft? Will Maidana use his street tactics to beat Floyd in their rematch?

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Big fan of the "sweet sport" as you put it, and I'll definitely be watching Money May vs Maidana II.

My biggest disappointment about the politics in boxing is that the Mayweather vs Pacman fight didn't happen 4 years ago when they were both in their primes

Big fan of the "sweet sport" as you put it, and I'll definitely be watching Money May vs Maidana II.

My biggest disappointment about the politics in boxing is that the Mayweather vs Pacman fight didn't happen 4 years ago when they were both in their primes

Agreed. Pathetic that they could not get together to fight. But that's why boxing is a complete mess (and what kind of makes it great too in some weird twisted way). As a casual fan/ but fairly big sports fan in general, I would have loved to see Pac Man v Mayweather.

Agreed.

I'm with both of you gentlemen on Pac v. Mayweather, and the total chaos that mires the sport now. I think four sanctioning bodies (IBF, WBA, WBC and one more that I forget). Weird how boxing, even though it's "under the radar" compared to more televised sports, like MMA, still generates huge PPV numbers. Floyd is so much higher paid than all other athletes (LeBron, Tiger, Kobe, etc.) that it's insane.

The only thing that makes it intriguing now is whether Floyd can make it to fifty without a defeat. That'd be about 20 years of professional fighting without a loss. Can he do it?

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm kind of hoping Maidana clean's Floyd's clock this time. Mayweather can never be the champ he is in his own mind without beating
Manny.

To be honest, I'm kind of hoping Maidana clean's Floyd's clock this time. Mayweather can never be the champ he is in his own mind without beating
Manny.

Me, too, Phil! Those that have rented advertising space on the soles of Mayweather's shoes haven't gotten much air time. Maybe on Saturday night (but I doubt it).

Wonder how much Maidana got paid to do a "Mike Tyson" on Mayweather? I saw the fight today on Showtime and although Mayweather clearly won the fight, it didn't quite live up to the "hyped up version" the news media portrayed afterwards.

Last edited:
Top Bottom