Just 'endured' Gravity

Kevs-the-name

Reaction score
I have just wasted an hour and a half of my life, (that I'll never get back) watching GRAVITY.

I am amazed that this film managed to get so many awards etc.
it is awful!

Typically, the hype outways the movie.

No real story, no anything. In MY opinion, a pointless thing.

....unless I missed something?

You guys are kind.

I think it would have been a pretty good trailer, as long as they kept it short of two minutes.

I think you may have watched it the wrong way with the wrong expectations. I saw it in 3D IMAX knowing that is was a corny action movie basically just made for 3D IMAX viewing. It felt more like an amusement ride than a movie. Plot was not great (barely even had one). The premise (and most of the movie) was totally unbelievable. But I thought it was probably the best money I ever spent at the movies. I loved it.

I saw it in the theater and was the only one in my viewing group with anything positive to say. I liked the cinematography. I agree with what DKE says above about the plot and premise. I don't think I would enjoy watching it at home.

I thought it was great and I really enjoyed it.

I think you may have watched it the wrong way with the wrong expectations. I saw it in 3D IMAX knowing that is was a corny action movie basically just made for 3D IMAX viewing. It felt more like an amusement ride than a movie. Plot was not great (barely even had one). The premise (and most of the movie) was totally unbelievable. But I thought it was probably the best money I ever spent at the movies. I loved it.

Hmmm... I should maybe invest in a digital home theatre!

When you said, "endured" I laughed. That's how I felt. The cinematography was great but it had no story, no human interaction, and the metaphor to the birth of the human race was laughably silly.

As a pilot, fan of NASA and one who likes movies I agree. The movie sucked!! Complete waste of time. I don't think it would have made it to theaters had Clooney/Bullock not been in it.

and the metaphor to the birth of the human race was laughably silly.
I don't think that was the metaphor. There's a nod to evolution, but it was more of the rebirth of Bullock's character, who was being reborn/breaking out of her cocoon and living again.

Last edited:
Watch this.

Guaranteed good!

Yep, it was terrible.

I watched Gravity at home and loved it. But had I despised it as much some members here claim, I'd have turned Gravity off within fifteen minutes and played my uke.

Well, it's called "acting" for a reason.

Wait... so Sandra Bullock isn't really an astronaut?

And Martin Freeman isn't really a Hobbit?

And Benedict Cumberbatch isn't really a detective? And Martin Freeman isn't, in addition to being a Hobbit, also a doctor-sidekick?

I don't believe in nuthin' anymore.

Great worldwide response!

Its funny how so many people think the same thing.... Great cinematography, rubbish everything else.
I just think the whole awards thing is overhyped and biased.
why does 1 movie get nominated (and win) SO many things? when others don’t even get a nomination?
I wonder how many are financially motivated/purchased?

Saw it in 3D. It was awesome. I loved it.

Top Bottom