Stagg Tweed baritone case external dimensions wanted asap please!

Dirge

Reaction score
I want to take my bari on long haul flights regularly. I reckon a bari case is borderline as hand luggage and will need some pleading and would like to help my cause by making it look as small as possible. Mine came in one of those expanded polystyrene pod cases which seems very bulky, even before you think about the raised seams on the corners and that bulging music pocket making it look even bigger.

I'm thinking a cheap, neat, hard case would be a good investment.

I travel this coming weekend so I want to order by mid afternoon tomorrow, tuesday.

The Stagg tweed looks likely but all the sellers list internal size only. Can someone quickly run a tape over one for me so I have an idea how big it is in the eyes of a glowering check-in lady? There's no point if it's no smaller than my current pod case.

They do 2 styles of tweed hard case, one fits the standard figure of 8 instrument and one looks like it was made for a baritone pineapple if such a brute exists. Whichever you have would you please put the measurements up?

(I'd go for the trad shaped one, again in the hope of making it LOOK smaller, but have I missed some benefit of the other shape?)

Sorry for the last minute panic, only just thought of asking here.

Thanks!

PS before you suggest an alternative it has to be available in Britain to be useful. No time to get something from overseas!

Top Bottom