PhD Strings How long to settle?

PereBourik

Ukulele don't judge
UU VIP
Reaction score
I've just put on my first set of PhD Strings. How long do they take to settle? Low G concert.

I think they settle similarly to other flourocarbons...quick! I like them. Not sure about the unwound low g though...never use them.

it'll be a few days, maybe a week or more for any flourocarbons I've ever used.

Probably sooner the more you stretch them ....So, if you normally play GCEA tune them up to BbEbGC ...they should take it ...(ADF#B if you are doubtful) and leave em there for a couple of days ...keep tensioning them ..tuning them ...regularly to keep the higher tension ...you are after all just stretching out the slack and elasticity of them...and the beauty is that you can play them at the higher tunings as well...which will also help "settle" them in.......

Another way is to tune and then pull the string and snap it loose ...like drawing a bow and releasing it....this will detune it ..retune it and do it again ..this again takes the extra unwanted elasticity out of the string.......just be careful and don't over pull the string ...it may not be the sort of snap that you desire...if you get my drift ..!

Top Bottom