::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand how adults put things in the fair. Here, at least I think, it's just kids' 4-H groups. I don't think I've ever seen an adult category. Of course, I haven't really looked...

I think our state fair has more adult entries than kid - except in the livestock categories, which are dominated by 4-H and FFA kids.

Did you enjoy it enough to do it again?

The first (and so far only) time we did a cruise we kept asking ourselves if we were actually enjoying it or not.
We typically do lots of exploring on our vacations and once you've seen the ship that's pretty much it.

Some months after upon reflection we decided we DID have fun and are looking forward to doing it again.

I hope it's like that.

The first time I counseled at horse camp was a challenge - the kids went from a very lax staff and admin who pretty much let them just roar around the camp when they weren't doing their horse work to us - who actually developed a program for them apart from the horses. We were proud of the program and we did it well, but it was a shock for some of the kids and we had some real discipline issues. When camp was over we all swore we'd never do it again. We (the staff) all ended up at the same Dairy Queen 70 miles down the road from camp a little later and agreed that we actually loved it, despite the tricky kids, and we'd be back together the next year. As it turned out, we all came back for the next three years. And were gratified to find in the following years that a couple of the biggest trouble kids came back those years and were our biggest champions for programming.

That park is fun when the water is clean. Last time there during the drought it was pretty yucky but when it's clean they have paddle boats you can rent. It's across the street from Ocean and you can see the aquarium, the wharf and cannery row. James loves the rope bridge and the maze.

It was a truly amazing park. We loved it. We were thinking about the paddle boats, but had a couple stops planned and were driving all the way to Redding that night. The only thing...Emma found a climbing tree that she got comfortable in and we couldn't find her at the appointed time. She gave us a brief moment of panic.

In all my travels up and down our state I've not spent much time in Monterey. Need to do that. And I love Steinbecks book. I even like the movie with Nick Norte.

We REALLY enjoyed Monterey. It's a really nice little town. We ate at a place visited by Guy Fieri in Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. Sure, not necessarily a Michelin star - but their food was great. Rosines.

We visited Monterey, once. It was lovely, but we didn't get to spend much time there. Oddly, it was cold enough in mid-July that we each had to buy coats. We went on a whale watching excursion, which was lots of fun....

It was 68 the full day we spent there. It was heavenly.

Early February is the best time for Monterey.

For some odd reason it's not foggy and the temps are generally in the low 70's

We saw 8 sea otters playing in the bay, including a sea otter "couple" having a romantic encounter. It was as brutal as I've heard it was - I swear he nearly killed her.

Sister heard back from the doctor he or she said it's stress so I guess in a way it's good news that it's not some worse.

That's excellent news, Stephen. Stress can be a real challenge to deal with and it can cause some real issues - but it's also a lot better than some of the alternatives!

It was a phase where everyone was deliberately messing up names. Tina was Lucy, then Licy. Tina fought back calling Ken Kevin. I think I was the one who substituted 6 for vi. My favourite name that came out of all of that (I think?) was JT named Dr. Tack Jiminy Snipit.

My myriad names had already come and gone by then.

You really should have checked in before that one. There are so many better restaurants than Bubba Gumps on the wharf. Could have steered you away from over priced touristy and not-that-good-but-busy-because-of-touristy.

As long as you enjoyed your trip!

You seriously underestimate the power of Annie's pickiness. She knows Bubba Gump, therefore will eat food from Bubba Gump. When Annie is short on food she becomes a raging demon. We didn't go on the trip for a culinary experience - Sheryl and I will do that some day alone...

Taimane is playing in San Jose this weekend.

The promo looks like she isn't playing Kamaka any more. Is she sponsored by Imua now? It looked like an Imua headstock.

Wow - really? I thought she'd be with Kamaka forever. The cash must've been great...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom