::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so far we are under the money we got back at close I think even with the floors being redone. There are a bunch other things I need to do but that’s for the garage. So not super important but should be done. The cousin hookup with electric helped out a lot.

Although I wish he would switch out a few things and replace some receptacles but I can do that. We also need some outlets in the basement too.

Will see if 29 changes things.

Well for me it went like this:
29? Last year I still have the excuse of being a kid.
39? Oh crap! I'm gonna be 40 soon!
49? Whatever.
Although I am painfully aware I turn 50 the day after you turn 29.
I feel basically the same in my head, less aggressive perhaps and find it easier to go with the flow.
Good luck tomorrow Stephen!

15th is Damons!

Oh, remember a while back we were having the discussion about shared birthdays? Last Wednesday I had my new ukulele in the office with me, as I was going to the GUild meeting after. I was talking with one of the guys work with and mentioned it was my birthday in a week and that this is what I bought myself.
He asked me, "Oh? What day?"
"The 15th."
"You're blowing my mind right now!" he said.

Yup, finally met someone with my birthday. And it was a first for him too! Known him for about a year and had no idea!
He is much younger than I am though, mid 20's at most...

Off to bed. Busy day. Possibly assemble dressers too.

I forgot, whatever happened with the Radon? I just remember my joke-y post about wanting to paint the pipes glow-in-in-the-dark-green and labeling them RADIOACTIVE POISON GAS and flow arrows :D

On a related note, that church voted last Sunday to close. We were in a great place until an issue of social justice came up and divided the congregation. I said at one point that the devil is in the details, and if a church is being true to its mission then this issue was really just details. Well...the devil was in them, I guess - and the church failed.
My sympthies to you.

My own church has decided to die a much slower death.

It's even worse than that. The people with money are coming in and offering more than what is being asked and landlords are of course taking it and not renewing existing rental agreements or even evicting people. In SF, all the character of the different districts is being lost to young and wealthy tech workers.

And I heard a thing on NPR about Chinese investors buying up housing, and just NOT renting it. They just sit on it for a year and sell at a profit. It isn't worth it to them to have the hassle of actual tenants.

Falling asleep at my desk and I still have two classes to go.

Not looking good.

more coffee

Had some drama in my brain last night. I am **hurting** and really regretting that I have 1) Head Start and 2) uke club on like 3 hours of sleep tops.

I am sure you, like the rest of us, have thrown money away before.

He throws more than that away every week from being too lazy to cook at home. Or taking James out to eat. Or taking James to (fill in the blank, that kid is spoiled). #thisiswhathappenswhenparentingatgrandparentage

Yesterday at James' basketball game I sat between Mika and a long ago ex who was watching her nephew.

And they got along super well.

It was a bit awkward when they started talking about meeting up and hanging out.

Did I mention my ex is back in town? Not ex-husband. But one of those ex's* I can't be around because we have that kind of chemistry that sets a place on fire even though we make poor choices. One of the few people who is a genuine threat to my marital stability.

He's a DJ and I hear his voice on my radio every few days. It was super jarring at first but now I'm coming to peace with it.

I wish we could be friends. I do love him very much. But we just don't have good boundaries.

*spelled this way as a colloquialism, I am aware it should just be exes but that looks so strange!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom