::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That leaves me just the final exam. 100 points, closed book, on 700 pages of psychological science. I'll knock that out tonight and then I'm done.

And another:

Mexican food. I can have huachinango (grilled snapper) with either rice or black beans but not both.

And instead of doing this week's written assignment, I wrote a slightly shitty note to the teacher explaining why it's a very shitty assignment and I won't be completing it. (Level 101 students doing a quick diagnosis of someone they don't know, but have observed in public displaying some sign of a mental disability. Because the world needs to encourage unqualified people to be diagnosticians with no direct contact, extended observation, or clinical history? GFY.)

I'm willing to take the 50 point hit.

Society does that all the time.

(you have a very good point to not do the assignment!)

My kids are still working on my five day menu, that's why I'm looking up foods I love and can no longer have at my favorite restaurants.

My only option is to make them at home with a ton of substitutions hoping I can come close in flavor.

One time in college I pulled an all nighter writing a paper the night before a mid-term. Wasn't a coffee drinker but I was dragging so I stopped at the place on campus and ordered their "rocket fuel."

Keep in mind that Im in my early thirties and it was probably the fourth or fifth cup of coffee I had ever had. I was so jittery that I couldn't concentrate on the mid-term and after about 40 minutes I had to excuse myself and threw up in the bathroom.

Turns out that "Rocket Fuel" was a med coffee in a large cup with four shots of espresso plus a boost of guarana.

My next cup of coffee was shortly after James was born.

Now I feel
Guilty about my white cross usage. Coffee woulda worked?

Society does that all the time.

(you have a very good point to not do the assignment!)

I suggested that, if the assignment remains, they should expand it to say "what other diagnoses have the same symptoms?" "why is it important for diagnosis to be done only by fully trained professionals?"

All the world needs is more jackasses who skimmed a chapter on psychosis in a 101 class feeling like they are qualified to analyze strangers.

The chai tea latte was lovely and I learned that baby blue whales are 30 feet long. (The coffee shop posts a trivia question every day.)

I went next door and made eye appointments for myself and spouse, and picked out two new frames for myself.

Do you ever look around your house and think "what if I just threw it all out?"

Sometimes I wish our house would get hit by a tornado so I wouldn't have to keep decluttering. How did I accumulate so much crap???

I've improved my abilities to let go of stuff I don't need, but I still have a lot to organize. Carlos could just throw it all away if I would let him. lol

I already drink two 40oz Hydroflask/day in my classroom plus another probably minimum of two pints when I get home.
Wow that is better than me! I typically drink 3-4 16 oz bottles a day.

The difference in my "sleep incidents" number was amazing. During my sleep study they said I woke up 48 times per hour (10 seconds or more without breathing) and that "30" is classified as severe. Last night my incidents were 0.8, so I did actually get real sleep.

Still waiting on the unicorns and rainbows though.
hope that happens soon!
:D

Tonight we Relax
Saturday -Color Run in Dallas
Sunday- Catch up on my online class.

So far I am liking my new job. It looks like I will be there around 28 hours each week. It is still strange to work so little. I met a girl there who goes to the college I plan to attend in the fall, so that is nice too.

Gary, I know everyone is different,
but please try to change your mindset from "I can't eat that anymore" to "I may taste it, but not eat a whole portion" I think it may help.
I love green river (green fruit punch here in Hawaii) but I know it has tons of sugar. If I really want one, I get a small, with lots of ice, and I don't finish it. If I kept telling myself I can never have one again I would be very sad.

YMMV

Gary, I know everyone is different,
but please try to change your mindset from "I can't eat that anymore" to "I may taste it, but not eat a whole portion" I think it may help.
I love green river (green fruit punch here in Hawaii) but I know it has tons of sugar. If I really want one, I get a small, with lots of ice, and I don't finish it. If I kept telling myself I can never have one again I would be very sad.

YMMV

I know I can still taste stuff. I'm trying to wrap my mind around the fact that many of my habitual foods can no longer be habitual. I'm okay with it, really. Food just has to be less of a priority than it has my whole life and that's not a bad thing.

If my choices are "see James graduate" or "enjoy those few seconds of taste while the food is on my palate" my kid, and life, wins every time.

I'll get my shoes on and grab my coat. When ya commin' by?

Darn, I just missed you!! lol!

Hugo is doing really well on loose leash walking. He also knows "wait", which we do every time a car goes by. There's some smells that he just can't resist, but for the most part he is excellent. My goal is to walk him any day that it's above 40. Which it isn't today, but at least it is sunny.

Good. Not much.

aLters

It lives!!

Funniest thing, I was using whatever Facebook's version of Facetime is with my husband, and he was playing with the filters. There's a pirate one there that made me think of Glass! I was like, how YOU doin??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom