::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My not so little guy had a good day on the courts yesterday. First game he scored 10pts. with 10 rebounds in limited time because they were blowing out the other team. In the second game they lost by 3, but James brought them back from 8 down to a tie with a minute left by back to back 3's and a steal for an easy lay up. He was pissed after the game because the coach's son over dribbled and then got his shot blocked at the buzzer. James was standing wide open on the three point line where he had just hit the other two.

He got over it quickly. I was kind of glad to see him upset. He's starting to get that competitive fire you need to excel. He wants the last shot. When we first started with basketball he came down with a rebound and a kid tried to grab it away so James turned around and handed him the ball.

"Oh no! We always taught him to be nice and share!!!"

During the game he played against another friend he plays club ball against.

He was relentless on poor Timmy and stole the ball from him numerous times, blocked his shots, and easily drove by him on offense so much so that the coach pulled Timmy and sat him on the bench.

Mika: Why were you so mean to Timmy? I thought you were good friends?

James: We are mom. But there are no friends on the other team when I'm on the court.

Me: ::sniff, sniff:: WHO'S CRYING?!

During the game he played against another friend he plays club ball against.

He was relentless on poor Timmy and stole the ball from him numerous times, blocked his shots, and easily drove by him on offense so much so that the coach pulled Timmy and sat him on the bench.

Mika: Why were you so mean to Timmy? I thought you were good friends?

James: We are mom. But there are no friends on the other team when I'm on the court.

Me: ::sniff, sniff:: WHO'S CRYING?!

I’d be misty eyed if after the game my child went and shook Timmy’s hand gave him a hug and arranged for a play date.

Timmy feels like sh!t today.

Rafe report- Saturday was a crazy busy but fun day. I had 2 new clients at the spa, my job there seems to be working out just fine. Then Mike and I went grocery shopping. Then a very good friend (I named a child after her) from high school came over and went shopping in my LuLaRoe room. We had a nice visit. My friend Judy and her hubby came to stay at my house to pet sit while we are gone.
Sunday- today we drive to San Diego to stay overnight in a hotel. My MIL is going in for a mastectomy Monday morning and we want to be close to support her. Katie and Penny will be joining us later tonight to be there in the morning. They were both able to take Monday off.

PohoMoJo Sally

I’d be misty eyed if after the game my child went and shook Timmy’s hand gave him a hug and arranged for a play date.

Timmy feels like sh!t today.

Nope. They were playing after the game and hanging out.

And we're putting together a fun, non-competitive team and James asked the rest of the boys earlier that day if we could add Timmy. After the game, James asked him to join that team and he was thrilled to be asked.

It's that overly concerned for everyones' feeling and "participation" trophies mentality that creates that entitlement crap. It's parents defending their child even when their in the wrong. It's telling your kids they matter more than the kid next to them. Because of this we have kids who can't do anything for themselves.

If a kid's better than you and you get destroyed, work harder to improve. You don't switch leagues/teams until you're the best. You stick with it. Work hard. Get better. EARN success.

Feel like s** today. Get over it tomorrow and get to work.

Nope. They were playing after the game and hanging out.

And we're putting together a fun, non-competitive team and James asked the rest of the boys earlier that day if we could add Timmy. After the game, James asked him to join that team and he was thrilled to be asked.

It's that overly concerned for everyones' feeling and "participation" trophies mentality that creates that entitlement crap. It's parents defending their child even when their in the wrong. It's telling your kids they matter more than the kid next to them. Because of this we have kids who can't do anything for themselves.

If a kid's better than you and you get destroyed, work harder to improve. You don't switch leagues/teams until you're the best. You stick with it. Work hard. Get better. EARN success.

Feel like s** today. Get over it tomorrow and get to work.

You’re missing my point. I wasn’t referring to how James and Timmy reacted. I was referring to your reaction.

Thanks guys for the mojo. I do appreciate it. She’s been thru this twice before, so she’s well versed on what’s happening. Prior operations were lumpectomies years ago. She’ll be fine I’m sure. She’s a fretter, she worries like crazy. But she’s got a ton of support going on. Good thoughts from everywhere.

Color.jpg
The color run was a lot of fun yesterday!
And driving to Dallas was not bad.

You’re missing my point. I wasn’t referring to how James and Timmy reacted. I was referring to your reaction.

My reaction is that I'm happy that he's finally getting that competitive edge.

He's not a jerk out there and still the same happy-go-lucky kid as always. He's the first kid to help a kid up. He congratulates kids on both teams for good plays. He's the first in line to high-five the other team even after a loss.

But he didn't have that competitive edge. Now he's starting to develop that without losing his sportsmanship.

Thanks guys for the mojo. I do appreciate it. She’s been thru this twice before, so she’s well versed on what’s happening. Prior operations were lumpectomies years ago. She’ll be fine I’m sure. She’s a fretter, she worries like crazy. But she’s got a ton of support going on. Good thoughts from everywhere.

Hope you get a chance to eat downtown.

My reaction is that I'm happy that he's finally getting that competitive edge.

He's not a jerk out there and still the same happy-go-lucky kid as always. He's the first kid to help a kid up. He congratulates kids on both teams for good plays. He's the first in line to high-five the other team even after a loss.

But he didn't have that competitive edge. Now he's starting to develop that without losing his sportsmanship.

I’d just never get misty eyed over that I guess.

I wish I was in Texas! It's nice out today though, it hit 40.

I'm going to Kansas City in April. A rare solo trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom