::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I can still taste stuff. I'm trying to wrap my mind around the fact that many of my habitual foods can no longer be habitual. I'm okay with it, really. Food just has to be less of a priority than it has my whole life and that's not a bad thing.

If my choices are "see James graduate" or "enjoy those few seconds of taste while the food is on my palate" my kid, and life, wins every time.

It sounds like you got this, Gary! Poho mojo to keep it up.

Yeah, mom was 42 when they had me unplanned. When I was young, I always thought my dad was boring, later I realized he had already been through WW2, had raised 4 kids and wasn't young anymore.

My mom’s youngest sister is 5 years older than I am. I have a few first cousins on that side who are older than her. When my grandmother was pregnant with her, my grandmother’s doctor didn’t bother to give her a pregnancy test. He told her she was menopausal. She only figured out she was pregnant when she was 5 months along her and felt kicking.

I sprained my left ankle while walking the dogs earlier. It’s on the mild side. I was covering another person at work, and couldn’t get coverage myself on such short notice. I decided to work anyway. Wrapped it up and took 800 mg of ibuprofen. It just started to wear off on my way to the car after work. I’m so glad I don’t have too much that needs to get done, except laundry. All the other chores and errands can wait.

Chris sprained their wrist today too. At least they didn’t break it like they initially thought. We have matching bandages.

I took a yoga class while on a retreat. The instructor went old school and came by and pushed on my back to deepen a stretch without warning. I was already really feeling the stretch and backed out a little, because I was feeling it in my tendon. She trigger the stretch reflex and the muscle I was stretching tightened instead. That left side hamstrings and calf have been super tight ever since. I’m pretty certain that contributed to the sprain and I’m miffed. I need to find an article on why stretching tendons are bad and send it to her. The yoga instructors I normally take classes from would never do anything like that. They are always super clear on not stretching beyond what your body can do.

Despite my sprained ankle, I was a beast at work. You should have seen a couple of the faces of people after their sessions. Completely blissed out. Have I mentioned how much i love my work!

I took a yoga class while on a retreat. The instructor went old school and came by and pushed on my back to deepen a stretch without warning. I was already really feeling the stretch and backed out a little, because I was feeling it in my tendon. She trigger the stretch reflex and the muscle I was stretching tightened instead. That left side hamstrings and calf have been super tight ever since. I’m pretty certain that contributed to the sprain and I’m miffed. I need to find an article on why stretching tendons are bad and send it to her. The yoga instructors I normally take classes from would never do anything like that. They are always super clear on not stretching beyond what your body can do.

A totally irresponsible move for her to employ. She or her supervisor need to be alerted that you are still in pain.

Despite my sprained ankle, I was a beast at work. You should have seen a couple of the faces of people after their sessions. Completely blissed out. Have I mentioned how much i love my work!

Massage brain is the best! When they come out of a session drooling and can’t quite communicate very well? You know you’ve done a good job.

I sprained my left ankle while walking the dogs earlier. It’s on the mild side. I was covering another person at work, and couldn’t get coverage myself on such short notice. I decided to work anyway. Wrapped it up and took 800 mg of ibuprofen. It just started to wear off on my way to the car after work. I’m so glad I don’t have too much that needs to get done, except laundry. All the other chores and errands can wait.

Yokes take care of yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom