Sop show

Would love to hear soundbite comparing spruce toped Martin and original..

UAS victim. Just got in the Kiwaya KS-1 on the left, very sweet. Left to right: Kiwaya KS-1, '43 Martin Style 0 retopped in spruce, stock '47 Martin Style 0, 50s Kamaka gold label, 40s Favilla U2. Really shouldn't keep em all, tough decisions ahead.

View attachment 107216

@ Ukecaster. Thank you for showing us the fleet. By some measures five Ukes isn’t so many that you need to thin them out, but I have only four now (it’s been a few more) and am thinking about selling one of the less used ones. Things and situations change over time and that once prized possession sometimes now gathers dust whilst tying up money and taking up space, etc. You’ll have your own well thought out reasons, that are right for and tailored to you, for what to keep and for what to let someone else enjoy.

As an aside, and a very general comment, if any are sold then I think it would be nice if the new owners (like you did) bought them to play.

Good luck with the plan and with the sales.

Last edited:
Congrats on the KS-1!! I was looking on Elderly Instruments not long ago and they have/had a used one in what looked like great condition that I was 'this' close to pulling the trigger on but didn't.

Oh funny. I had put in a question about that one on Reverb and Elderly wrote back a few days later to say it was accidentally listed on Reverb as it had already been sold.

So I bought an FS-5 from Reverb instead. Yeah. Like I sold you. What can I say? I need a Kiwaya soprano and have missed my KTS-6 since I sold it. Turns out the concert is not enough.

Top Bottom