::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my client calls today for for an insurance agency.
They could not access a certain website and I had to figure out why (I did).
She was kind of sad, she said she has had to tell five people today "Sorry you are not covered for lava damage."

I have never had Rice a Roni, in any flavor....

The rice is okay. The roni is disgusting.
I now know if ever I eat at a poho house I will be served ricearoni. If it doesn’t have cilantro, I will choke it down. To be polite.

Sorry. All those rice and pasta sides don’t impress me. The ones that come in a bag (like Knorr brand) are a staple for backpackers. I’ve been buying them to try at home and they are all just blah in my opinion. But I’m sure after I’ve hiked 12 miles they will taste awesome.

My dad was on a textured vegetable protein (TVP) kick for a while when he was looking for a lightweight meat substitute for backpacking.

He tried out his recipes for family dinners.

He was a fantastic cook.

But yuck.

1. It's supposed to hit 103F this week already.

2. How the heck do you get kids to actually get the dishes CLEAN? They're 11 and 14, 1/3 of the dishes should not still be dirty after they washed them.

3. I actually picked up a ukulele this week, tuned, and played with it.

My dad was on a textured vegetable protein (TVP) kick for a while when he was looking for a lightweight meat substitute for backpacking.

He tried out his recipes for family dinners.

He was a fantastic cook.

But yuck.

Advantage of having dietary restrictions out the wazoo: you can't resort to the cheap easy backpacking food. When I go, I'll be making my own meals from scratch and dehydrating them, or buying freeze-dried individual ingredients and mixing them together.

Because if you live in San Francisco, it is apparently all one is able to afford! :D

The high cost of living is causing a new category of homelessness.

The "working homeless."

Homelessness itself is exploding. You see people/tents everywhere now, it's really sad. But there's also a new group of homeless. A group that have jobs but can't afford mortgage/rents in the area. Most are living out of their cars and many have RV's that they've purchased instead of paying rent/mortgage. I live near the police department and their back lot is filled with RV's that officers live in while on shift and then they drive to their homes 2-4 hours away because they can't afford Silicon Valley. There is a Target store near my house that boarders a "river" (glorified creek) but the homeless line that street with their cars/RV's because it's away from homes.

I see more homeless in my area these days than I'm used to seeing in Honolulu.

1. It's supposed to hit 103F this week already.

2. How the heck do you get kids to actually get the dishes CLEAN? They're 11 and 14, 1/3 of the dishes should not still be dirty after they washed them.

3. I actually picked up a ukulele this week, tuned, and played with it.

I served James on the dirty plates and gave him the dirty utensils and he noticed them right away. He just wasn't aware they were still dirty. I thought he was being lazy but he just wasn't aware. He's been more conscientious about getting them clean since then.

I served James on the dirty plates and gave him the dirty utensils and he noticed them right away. He just wasn't aware they were still dirty. I thought he was being lazy but he just wasn't aware. He's been more conscientious about getting them clean since then.

I've felt the need to go back over some of the dishes on occasion. It's sometimes subtle. Like the light has to be right to see it. A little scrubbing and then rinse and we are back in business. Sometimes I need something a little more abrasive than a wash cloth.
Especially if I am dealing with eggs or cheese.

91UvJHLTAfL._SX522_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom