SOTU 285 Lightnin' Roun'!

Around 4 AM on a Sunday morning at UWC. Up all night with friends and we kinda closed out with Not Fade Away which somebody (Freeda?) Labels the Grand Finale for that year. Seems like a good thing to add here before I conk out. Hugs to all you kids. See you at 286!

My final one for this wonderful week, I promise. The Velvet Underground were strange at times, but they had some gorgeous songs, some of which have already been unearthed on here. Their version of this one was over six minutes long, but for health and safety reasons, I have cut it down to two and a bit.

Season 285. Submission 3 "Suspicious Minds" (Words and music by Francis Zambon, 1968. Notably recorded by Elvis.)

Thornton Rule, please. Why? Because I'm celebrating all things Thornton and wanted you to know that yes, Elvis is in the house! You didn't think he'd miss this great bash, Alan, did you?! ;)

Thanks for a fantastic week, dear friend! :) x

This is my last one for this super fun Season. Throwing my hat back into the large "Ringo ring" that has accumulated here this week. I always loved that Ringo Starr loved hardcore, traditional country music. Soon as I saw this song title the other day, I knew I'd like the song before I even heard it, and I did, so here it is, a cry in your beer special.

The Beastie Boys didn't just rap about partying. Once they grew up a little, MCA and his crew also sang thoughtful songs about social issues, like respect for women.

I was hoping to get another Jethro Tull song done tonight. But well, it was the premiere of the latest "Sharknado" movie, and, well.....

This a Thunder Thursday tune for all the transgender soldier boys and transgender soldier girls who have served, who are serving and who will serve in the US military. Love, strength, and support to all of those brave souls.

Whew. That's one song from each daily challenge. (Boy, am I lucky that Alan picked VU for today, since I looked up the challenge right near bedtime.)

And happy birthday to all those rockers and rebels with birthdays this past week!

Fun week, Ras Alan! Lightnin!!

I was hoping to get another Jethro Tull song done tonight. But well, it was the premiere of the latest "Sharknado" movie, and, well.....

Omg another sharknado fan. Wow :). It makes me smile.

Greetings,

Yup - you said to have fun so I did. Eh....

Top Bottom