seasonistas play other instruments

I Dreamt I Dwelt in Marble Halls - in Romsey Abbey

I know I've been completely absent from the Seasons for ages, but I think I'm still a Seasonista? My uke isn't getting much attention at the moment, unfortunately. :(
This is what I've been up to...

Irish singer Enya did an absolutely beautiful version of this on her Shepherd Moons album. (To skip the spoken introduction, scroll forward to 1:23)

I know I've been completely absent from the Seasons for ages, but I think I'm still a Seasonista? My uke isn't getting much attention at the moment, unfortunately. :(
This is what I've been up to...

Irish singer Enya did an absolutely beautiful version of this on her Shepherd Moons album. (To skip the spoken introduction, scroll forward to 1:23)

I'm pretty sure that I can vouch for the rest of us, that 'once a Seasonista, ALWAYS a Seasonista' and your music is most welcome, in whatever form. :)

Having said that, I really love :love: your beautiful performance here.

I am so out of practice on classical guitar and wish that I could play like that again, but age (and health problems) have rendered my hands less capable over time and thus I focus more on the ukulele, for which I am eternally grateful to be able to play.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful video! :)

Thanks so much Booli. I appreciate it very much. :)

So sorry you can't play CG like you used to. I suppose the uke has a much smaller neck! Glad you can enjoy making music, in some way. We'd all be the poorer without it.

I just love :love: music!!!

Some concertina with drone. Roslin Castle is a partly ruined castle near Edinburgh and nearby is Roslin Temple which had associations with the Templars. The tune itself was for a song which was published in the 1780s in the "Scots Musical Museum". The song itself is rarely heard but the tune continued to be played as a fiddle air.

https://vimeo.com/225106778

I noodled this over the chord and lyric sheet from our ukulele chord and lyric sheet...I ain't going to sing the Iz part ,but I 'll have a go at Satch....
It's far too long ...but I like this one....and that's maybe a first for me...I hate everything else I do !! Probably better in the cans.

This is another version of Snake Farm. I haven't gone in public with this song yet so I'm still trying out arrangements (mostly fills). Hopefully I will play it better once I decide which way to go.

Last edited:
This is another version of Snake Farm. I haven't gone in public with this song yet so I'm still trying out arrangements (mostly fills). Hopefully I will play it better once I decide which way to go.

Very cool. The Snake Farm is a place in New Braunfels, Texas. It used to just be snakes, but now they have lots of other animals outside. If you get there at the right time, you can watch them feeding live animals to rattlesnakes! Or raw chicken bits to mountain lions! And other fun stuff!

UPS brought me another tenor guitar. This one is from Republic Guitars in Texas. I love the feel and sound of it, but I'm glad I'm not in a marching band. It is HEAVY.

I recorded a uke version of this song for the seasons a while back. This version is how my family and I used to play it in church. me on drums and vocals, my wife on harmony, oldest son on electric guitar, second son on bass. This video was put up by CD Baby, so it is not my channel. I recorded this at home on my ipad, using Auria. It took quite a while to mix it. haven't done anything like it since. Hope to record other songs, but time is hard to come by. Thanks for giving a listen!

I thought I'd throw this up here in honor of 80s Synth Pop week. This is a recording I somehow managed to preserve of me playing around on my Korg Poly800II synthesizer back in the 80s. I used to get a newsletter from Korg back then that sometimes had a couple of new patches in it for their synths. A "patch" is what you call all the settings that you program into a synth to create a sound. The term "patch" comes from the early days of analog synths when actual patch cords were used to connect all the different components so the sound would be routed in the way you wanted to create a sound. This was, of course, a digital synth so it didn't use patch cords, but the term patch is still used. Anyway, one time they had this patch called "The Bowels of Hell" that was made for a more sophisticated model than the one I had, but the settings looked convertible, so one day I sat down with a calculator and pencil and paper and worked out about what all the settings should be on my synth. The sound that it ended up making was quite impressive. I used it in college when we had to compose an original piece for a grade. The piece I played for the class was called "Modulation Abomination," and I got an A for it. I didn't have the sheet music at the time that I recorded this piece (my teacher had it), so I played this one from memory and it's mostly about the same. I learned that I could tweak the digital delay settings to create more or less crazy sounds, and I also learned that the fall-off of the sound would be different depending on at which point during the envelope that I released a key. The "envelope" is the actual, physical shape of the sound. I also used graph paper to graph out envelope shapes for various patches so I could see what was happening. I was hard core into that stuff back then. I guess you could call this "experimental."

I wrote a draft of this for the Awesome Mix Season, but it didn't sound the way I wanted, so I shelved it. If you're a Los Bros Hernandez fan you might recognize it as a musical version of their lady wrestlers one-off "Whoa, Nellie!"

one of the best songs ever imho written .My instrumentlal arrangement of over the rainbow on Yamaha gl1 gitalele

Is your guitar getting older? (I thought you said originally that it dated from the 1940s.) Very nice, Jon!

One of my favorite songs.Played on the Yamaha gitalele in E tuning

One of Hoagy Carmichaels finest songs.Played in a Travis picking syle on a vintage archtop[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom