Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway Nov 4-6 2011

bassfiddlesteve

Reaction score
Tickets are on sale for the 2011 Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway! This year’s lineup includes Gerald Ross, Manitoba Hal, Aaron Keim, Keoni Lagunero, The Barnkickers, Marv & Kathy Reitz, Big Jim Allen and Kahanu’ala. The event takes place on November 4-6 at the Lake Tarpon Resort in Palm Harbor, FL (the whole festival is under one roof) and features performances, workshops, vendors, raffles, jam sessions, and a luau with live entertainment. A portion of the proceeds go to support the American Asperger's Association. Learn more at the festival website

- Steve

Last edited:
This was a fun event in 2010 so I'm looking forward to coming in 2011. I'll be there with thongs on...Uh flip flops! Sorry for that image:)

I'll be there too... but I will leave my thong at home! Sorry guys!

5 ft. 2 and Eyes of Blue still haunts me in my sleep because of you... but I should be over it by November so you can get it stuck in my head again!

I'm "in the neighborhood", so to speak, and will probably get down there as well. Made a brief visit to the Lone Star and enjoyed that event a lot.

With a little luck, I may have some of our new model instruments to bring with me by the time this one rolls around!

I'd love to cover the event for Ukulele Player Magazine again this year.

For those of you that did not get a chance to go last year. That was the first year. This year will be even better-- YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS IT! Steve and the gang at TBUG did a great job organizing things. I'd like to get a lot more pictures, too. We'd also like to get more video this time around.

Driving due West to Tarpon Springs......see ya there. Look forward to some uke shopping too, maybe some swappin??? 50th Wedding Anniversary on the 11th

Hope to make it again this year. Fun festival and a great opportunity to get out of the dreary cold fall weather.

I'm saving my pennies now Mike.. that concert Uke will not get away again!!!

Can't wait to see all you guys again!

JT

Several folks have inquired about tickets for the upcoming Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway and I'm happy to report that they will go on sale within the next week. I'll be sure to send out another e-mail once this occurs, but in the meantime you can make your travel plans and room reservations if you are coming from out of town. The Lake Tarpon Resort has set aside a block of discounted rooms just for our festival, but they are in limited supply. The information you need to book your room is on our website. Here's a link.

This year's event will focus on a variety of musical styles including jazz, blues, folk and Hawaiian. No matter what your preference is, you'll enjoy what these instructors & performers have to offer. We've also incorporated some suggestions we received from last year's attendees including more time for jamming and a convenient lunch plan that's included with Saturday's ticket. One thing that wont be changing is the ticket price which will be the same as last year's getaway.

If you have any questions please contact me at steve@thebarnkickers.com. I look forward to seeing you (and your uke) in November!

Steve Boisen
President
Tampa Bay Ukulele Society, Inc.
http://www.tampabayukulele.com/

Made hotel reservations and ordered our tickets. Can't wait to meet UUers in person. I'm really looking forward to my first ukulele event!

Bump! Tickets are going fast, there is a limited number of spots!

Remember, you get all 4 workshops, scheduled so you don't have to pick!

Attend ALL 4 workshops run by some of the best working Ukulele Performers out there!

“Clawhammer Ukulele" with Aaron Keim
“Blues Ukulele” with Manitoba Hal
“Swing Ukulele” with Gerald Ross
“Hawaiian Ukulele” with Keoni Lagunero

and then 2 bonus panels....

Q&A with ukulele builders Augustino & Donna LoPrinzi
"Vocal Harmony" with Marv & Kathy Reitz

and then, after the workshops, ..... JAM WITH THEM! The whole weekend is at one location! so, why sleep! you can jam all night!

and did I mention you get to see/meet/jam with ... Mim, UkeRepublic Mike and Mainland Mike!!!! 3 of the coolest uke sellers IN THE WORLD in ONE place.

so what you waiting for?

www.tampabayukulele.com I'll see you there!

JT

Last edited:
There's also a limited amount of discounted hotel rooms, so don't delay on making your reservations. It's a great convenience to stay at the hotel where the entire festival takes place! The details are on the website (link in signature below).

- Steve

Top Bottom