Stolen instruments

SailingUke

Uke legend in my own mind
UU VIP
Reaction score
My Blackbird guitar and ukulele were stolen from the Nugget Reno ukulele festival. Also taken was my Mark Neal banjo uke. I know there is no hope of recovery. Needless to say this is my last Reno festival at this hotel.

Sorry to hear. Do you have photos? Make a police report? Perhaps they will surface at local pawn shops. Or check on Craigslist Reno periodically.

My Blackbird guitar and ukulele were stolen from the Nugget Reno ukulele festival. Also taken was my Mark Neal banjo uke. I know there is no hope of recovery. Needless to say this is my last Reno festival at this hotel.

Taken from your room?

That...Just...Sucks! So sorry to hear that. Likely drug-related, as much theft is.

Choirguy has a point. Check with your insurance agent.

Post photos if you have them. Put up the photos on all the Uke FB pages, wherever. Perhaps somebody will see them.
Dang. That's just horrible.

Last edited:
Sorry this happened.

Do you have the serial numbers?

I know there is no hope of recovery.

Pardon a newbie for poking her nose in, but please don't give up hope. I'm so sorry this happened and I'm sure just thinking about it spikes your blood pressure, but remaining vigilant (i.e. checking the local craigslist, sending notices to pawn shops, setting alerts on ebay) might bring your instruments back to you.

My fingers are crossed that you have a positive resolution.

Where did this happen? I have been to the Reno Uke Fest numerous times in the past. A group of us also stay at the Nugget several times during the year. I will definitely be more cautious there. Sorry you lost your instruments.

Wow, that really sucks. I know how I would feel, somebody stole my fiddle and mandolin decades ago, and I never saw either of them again. I hope you have better luck, and they catch the dirty ba---ds that did that evil deed!

I found these two photos of the stolen banjolele on Mark Neal's website, http://www.mlnealbanjos.com/. The banjolele has a "distinctive hummingbird inlay."

attachment.php
attachment.php

Thanks MDS, that is my banjo. Mark is hoping someone will contact him for a value since his logo is branded on the inside.
The police may have recovered the Blackbirds ?? Hoping my banjo will find its way home too.

So sorry that happened to you SailingUke :mad:. Hope you get them back soon.
Didn't some vendors at one of the Reno Uke Fest have some thefts a few years ago? I wonder if anybody was caught in that case?
Seems like Reno is a place where you have to hold your uke in your lap the whole time :(.
Good luck!!
–Lori

I am so sorry, I really despise thieves, I've had so much stuff stolen, mostly my own artwork, basically finished off my career. I'm ready to say just chop off a hand or two when they are caught now, so honest people will know them, and they can be shunned. I used to be so compassionate, but lots of people on the planet today just really really really suck.

I vote watching Craigslist too, but more likely they would go to a pawn shop, and the shop would look up the builder of the banjo, but probably not call. Maybe have the builder put a reward on it's description for you. Edit, see it's there, I hadn't clicked the link yet. That could actually get it back.

SailingUke has posted on Facebook that it appears that the Sparks PD has recovered both Blackbirds AND the banjo.

That's right all instruments have been recovered and in lockup in the police evidence room.
I am guessing after being in lockup they will be great instruments for playing the blues.
No word on the perp., hopefully they will be caught and punished. The Sparks Police Dept. did a fine job of recovering my belongings.
I am not overly impressed with the staff and management at the Nugget who showed little concern over the experience.
My thanks to all who gave me support during this traumatic experience.

Great news! Happy everything was (or will be) returned!

Top Bottom