GAS: Who's afflicted? How badly?

allanr

Reaction score
I'll go first.

I am afflicted.
Currently own 4 guitars. All Fender. All electric.

Two Tele's, a Strat, and a Duo Sonic

Nobody? Really?

Am I the only person here with a double affliction (UAS + GAS)?

Nope. I'm probably the other end of the guitar spectrum. I still have the classical guitar I bought from Consumers Distributing when I was in high school in 1975. I just changed the strings last month :)
Thinking I might pick it up again after getting interested in the ukulele.

Started playing ukulele in the spring though and I just ordered my 3rd so I could play with a soprano, concert and tenor for size (entry level instruments) before I invest in anything expensive.

My guitar stable is shameful. I own five, I think...and play one. :) All acoustics.

Tanglewood TW-28SNQ (my first acoustic, started on a classical, which I no longer own.)
Tanglewood TMO-10NC (my gigging guitar)
Ashbury travel guitar (bought for a trip, played there, not since.)
Blue Moon 12-string (went to buy a mandolin, came away with that as well.)

And my 'baby'...a 1996 Guild A-25 I call Mariposa ('butterfly' in Spanish.) She's the one who gets played.

I may own too many guitars.

I have 8 Taylors alone as well as several (7) Martins, 2 Goodalls,
2 Santa Cruz guitars, 2 McPhersons, a Collings, a Huss & Dalton OO, etc.

Electrics? 7 Heritage guitars, 3 PRS, 3 Hamers, a Ron Kirn Barnbuster, 2 Teles, a G&L Trinity limited ASAT, a
Gibson ES 137 custom and a Gibson ES 330 Historic Reissue, etc.

The acoustics were purchased over the course of many years, the electrics were purchased over about 12 years with the exception of one of my tele's from 1980.

Last edited:
Your not alone Allan. I currently own a 95 Gibson J-200, 2010 Gibson Robert Johnson, 70 Yamaha FG-180, 79 Yamaha FG-335, Carvin Nylon string Classical, 2 Fender Teles and a Fender Strat. When I got the UAS I sold a 90 Gibson Dove and 92 Gibson ES-335 Cherry Dot Reissue and 2000 Gibson Les Paul Standard Sunburst to fund my uke purchases. I've had and sold more guitars over the years then I have listed above. I'm not real happy with myself for letting the ones I sold go for uke purchases but I can't change that now. I did just list 5 of my ukuleles on eBay just tonight because I've gotten back into the guitar and not playing much uke anymore. It was fun for a while but now the fun has worn off and I'm getting back to serious playing with my guitars.

I'll go first.

I am afflicted.
Currently own 4 guitars. All Fender. All electric.

Two Tele's, a Strat, and a Duo Sonic
My lineup;

Squier '51, Squier Duo-Sonic, Fender Strat, Squier Jag short-scale bass and a LP Jr Doublecut clone;
DSC_0783 (1).jpg
Looking to get one of these next;

Squier CV 60's Strat, 3-colour sunburst;
squier_classic_vibe_stratocaster_60s_3_color_sun.jpg

GAS? I got it bad!

GASguy; said:
I may own too many guitars.

I have 8 Taylors alone as well as several Martins, 2 Goodalls,
2 Santa Cruz guitars, 2 McPhersons, a Collings, a Huss & Dalton OO, etc.

Electrics? 7 Heritage guitars, 3 PRS, 3 Hamers, a Ron Kirn Barnbuster, 2 Teles, a G&L Trinity limited ASAT, a
Gibson ES 137 custom and a Gibson ES 330 Historic Reissue, etc.

The acoustics were purchased over the course of many years, the electrics were purchased over about 12 years with the exception of one of my tele's from 1980.

Last edited by GASguy; 09-18-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Your not alone Allan. I currently own a 95 Gibson J-200, 2010 Gibson Robert Johnson, 70 Yamaha FG-180, 79 Yamaha FG-335, Carvin Nylon string Classical, 2 Fender Teles and a Fender Strat. When I got the UAS I sold a 90 Gibson Dove and 92 Gibson ES-335 Cherry Dot Reissue and 2000 Gibson Les Paul Standard Sunburst to fund my uke purchases. I've had and sold more guitars over the years then I have listed above. I'm not real happy with myself for letting the ones I sold go for uke purchases but I can't change that now. I did just list 5 of my ukuleles on eBay just tonight because I've gotten back into the guitar and not playing much uke anymore. It was fun for a while but now the fun has worn off and I'm getting back to serious playing with my guitars.

I am glad to see that I'm not alone But, I honestly thought that there would be way more "normal people like me" with the Double Affliction. ;)

I've got two acoustic guitars left of what used to be a handful. The Acquisition syndrome has gone completely to the uke side, but I used to have it with basses.
Here's my bass collection:
328d24bb.jpg

And I feel some serious GAS coming up for a Guild Starfire Bass...

Hello, my name is Kathryn and I have GAS:

Seagull S6
LaPatrie Etude
Seagull Coastline Grand
LaPatrie Motif
Baby Taylor
Yamaha C40
Hohner DN48
Yamaha CGS102A
Yamaha GL1 (or should the guitaleles count as ukes?)
Cordoba Cadete
Cordoba Dolce
Pavan TP30-64
Esteve Model 8
Gretsch G9216 (again, with the ukes?)
Squier Bass
Little Martin
Blueridge BR-40T
Taylor GS Mini (see what this thread has done to me?)

Last edited:
Hey Kathryn, you have some really nice guitars.

Here's a list of mine, in no particular order:
LaPatrie Collection
Larrivee D-09
Larrivee P-01 ISS (on order)
Yamaha CGX171scf (flamenco)
Tom Anderson Classic (electric)
Yamaha GL1
Simon & Patrick Songsmith 12 string
Yamaha FS720s

Lately, I've been REALLY wanting a bass, but I'm doing my best to resist.

While I don't have GAS...I do have a Fender/Squire Tele, a Yamaha FG 335, and my Kingstone Barry Tone uke.

i have recently been struck with GAS. Blah! and no money to fund it lol i see a coupe of you have seagull guitars, ive been looking into them, any opinions?? they seem really nice for the money

i have recently been struck with GAS. Blah! and no money to fund it lol

same here, I want a solid wood archtop, might have to sell my fancy uke in order to get one

Wow you guys have a serious problem with GAS and beautiful guitars too! LOL!

Don't think I have GAS but I have 4 guitars......not sure why since I really can't play a tune on guitar to save my life. The most recent being a 3/4 yamaha jr2. The small size is just so cool !

My wife has a few guitars, but I had never had any interest. I had a fender acoustic for a while when I was younger.
However, recently I have spent way too much time looking at videos of Paul Reed Smith custom 24's. I don't think this will end until I get one. It will be a while, but it is definitely something that looks like addiction.:D

Top Bottom