::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to tell if you're old. If you fall and people rush to help you, you're old. If they laugh, you're not old yet.

A couple years ago, I fell on ice real bad. Fell on my face in front of Naomi's school. In front of the car line of parents waiting for their kids. I needed help. It was also embarrassing. No one helped me. And when I got up, I realized no-one seen it. They were all engrossed in their phones.

I think a lot of it will come down to cost. I don't know why my insurance would rather pay for a lifetime of glasses than one surgery.

Had mine done in 2000. Had to have "enhancements" twice but I've been stable for ten years now. I was both nearsighted and astigmatic and could no longer tolerate contacts. It was the nearest thing to a miracle. I have two of the common follow on conditions: dry eye, and halos around lights at night.

Had mine done in 2000. Had to have "enhancements" twice but I've been stable for ten years now. I was both nearsighted and astigmatic and could no longer tolerate contacts. It was the nearest thing to a miracle. I have two of the common follow on conditions: dry eye, and halos around lights at night.

I have never had an eye surgury...but I need glasses. I.habve always been near sighted. I also have an astigmatism.... and severely dry eyes.

I have never had an eye surgury...but I need glasses. I.habve always been near sighted. I also have an astigmatism.... and severely dry eyes.

Talk with your doc about the dry eyes. That can get serious quickly. Last winter mine got out of control and required corneal bandaging and other heavy shizz.

Admit it.

I give you purpose.

Not too far off the mark. I can't kick the puppy[SUP]*[/SUP] when I get frustrated...so I take it out on you instead.

*I would never kick the puppy. The puppy is adorable and sweet and loving. I might kick Gary. I would NEVER kick the puppy.

Last night I had my home sleep study.

I tossed and turned all night and feel really tired today. After about four nights in a row of decent sleep, last night sucked. I don't think the stuff attached to me bothered me all that much although the tubes in my nostrils was a little ticklish, I think it was just knowing that I had all that stuff on.

Weird.

I asked them how they could possibly get results from my sleep study when I slept so poorly with all that equipment strapped to me. They said, "Well, you averaged 56 hypopnea episodes per hour...so it looks like you got some sleep..."

Rocky Mountain High, Colorado.

I don't really have an issue with the altitude except that first few steps outside the airport and I realize I'm going to have to breathe a little deeper while I'm there. Oh, and the DRY air! OH MY GOSH. It was not that dry in October when I was there.

I don't see a heart doc until next week but I figure I'm going to have to cut out salt no matter what.

I just realized that means sodas too. No more Diet Dr. Pepper :(

sodium bi-carbonate right?

Carbonic acid. I don't know how much sodium there is - read the label. It's carbonated with CO2, not sodium bicarb.

Do you want to be right or do you want a relationship?

This is the bind I'm in with B V-B. I want to have a relationship with him, but I cannot tolerate the toxicity. I know that there is no apology in him.

If every "reunion" involves your effort (or Damon's in his situation) is there really a relationship? Is the other party just rolling along when there's something in it for them and cutting loose whenever accountability is held in their face?

Family stuff can sure stuck.

Time out, before you ask your doctor this stuff you've got to realize something first. Your doctor doesn't know everything and sometimes when doctors don't know something they throw out a guess instead of saying "I don't know". I was an RN for 20 years, not all doctors are great or even good. See what he says and go from there, but don't believe everything just because he's a doctor. After you get a diagnosis, read up, go see another doctor and see what that guy says. Maybe your marathon running days might be over, but you've still got plenty of miles left in you.

Perfect. Second (and third or more) opinions are not insults - they are your right and your doctor should be happy if you look for more information or a second opinion from another doctor.

And I gotta say...any advice that's obtained from the internet or diet plans that promise healing or reversal of symptoms? ALWAYS treat them skeptically. They may be perfectly legit - but they need second (and third or more) opinions just like any other medical care.

Friday- Maybe dinner in Bloomington
Saturday- Ice storm
Sunday- Probably stay home.

Hey Mike? After several years of you recommending 8 O'Clock coffee I finally saw some at the grocery store (beans) and bought it for a try. It's really good stuff! And cheap!

at this point you don’t need anything deep, work up to that. I’d recommend a massage every 2 weeks. A good therapist would work a bit deeper each time. You don’t want to go deep right away, it’ll hurt and make you feel sick.

A good prenatal massage might be nice. I know that's what I always get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom