Status
Not open for further replies.

garywj

Reaction score
Here’s what Chuck’s handwritten notes say:

NSB Tenor 4 String Uke #1110 (Serial)
Solid Koa Body
Ebony binding, fretboard and bridge
Spanish Cedar neck (Carbon Fiber Reinforced)
Side Sound Port
Grover Closed Geared Tuners
“Tree Frog” Inlay: Green Abalone Shell, Koa, Comp Stone
Micarta Nut – Bone Saddle
Glossy Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish
Worth CHLG Strings

NOTE: I’m not sure about the word “comp” in the “Inlay” line. I’ve included a photo of Chuck’s comments in the photos. If anyone can tell me if my interpretation is incorrect, I’d appreciate it.

I replaced the shipping case with a carbon fiber case (see photos). I bought the ukulele from Chuck on April 4th, 2011. This was my first of three of his ukuleles I have owned. The only time this instrument has been out of my home was on its way to me. It has been played only by me and for less than 2 hours since I received it. It has been stored in a temperature and humidity controlled environment. It is PERFECT - no scratches, blemishes, or marking of any kind on it or the case. It is a NEW 6 year old Moore Bettah ukulele in a very nice carbon fiber case.

I will sell it to someone on this forum for $6800 and give 5% to this forum. Sorry, no trades and I am not very flexible on the price. If it doesn’t sell here then I will put it on eBay. I’d prefer to sell it to someone who I can deal with in person, but will ship it (buyer pays shipping - which must be air because there is less chance of damage) if that is the only way.

Thanks for the years of enjoyment and information this forum has provided and I’m sorry I’ve been hit and miss in the last few years. I'm selling the ukulele because my wife and I have been traveling about 40% of the time and I’ve been busy taking photographs. I'm not a very good player, so this instrument is way over my head; however, it is my favorite ukulele of all time, and just owning it has been rewarding - I appreciate fine craftsmanship.

Attachments

• MB1.jpg
    MB1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 239
  • MB2.jpg
    MB2.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 268
  • MB3.jpg
    MB3.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 314
  • MB4.jpg
    MB4.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 404
  • MB5.jpg
    MB5.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
Here's more photographs of the ukulele....

Attachments

• MB8.jpg
    MB8.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 144
  • MB10.jpg
    MB10.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 118
  • MB13.jpg
    MB13.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 130
  • MB18.jpg
    MB18.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 106
  • MB20.jpg
    MB20.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Beautiful uke, this definitely won't last long on here.

More photos.....

Attachments

• MB9.jpg
    MB9.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 99
  • MB11.jpg
    MB11.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 74
  • MB17.jpg
    MB17.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 247
  • MB7.jpg
    MB7.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 80
  • MB19.jpg
    MB19.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 73
The last of my photos. I also have a few that Chuck took - I'll get try to post them tomorrow.....

Attachments

• MB6.jpg
    MB6.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 64
  • MB12.jpg
    MB12.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 52
  • MB14.jpg
    MB14.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 42
  • MB15.jpg
    MB15.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 65
  • MB16.jpg
    MB16.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 67
It does look like it says "comp" doesn't it. Maybe short for "composite"?

I assume the stone was used for the leaves. It looks a bit like malachite, but it could definitely be a an artificial "composite" product.

Chuck Moore is active on these forums, so maybe you could ask him...

Thanks for the input. I assume Chuck will be looking at this thread and hope he will comment....

Here's 3 photos Chuck took before he shipped it out to me.....

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 99
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 82
  • Head.jpg
    Head.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Just wondering what the color of the tree frog inlay is. In your photo it is green. Chuck's photo looks white. Thanks

I looked at the ukulele careful this morning and the color is definately more green/yellow. It has a translucence about it, so the colors change slightly as the angle of the light changes. I took my photographs outside in the shade. I don't know what kind of lighting Chuck used. Two things could be at play here: maybe the material has become more colorful over time, or the lighting made the difference. Whatever the case, the colorations today are more like my photos.

What a cute little frog! Adorable no matter what color he is. Chuck's work is so stunning. Good luck on your sale.

My plans are to list this on eBay on Sunday. When I do I will remove the listing from UU. I appreciate this forum and all it's benefits. "THANKS" to those who are a part of making it possible.....

This went on eBay this afternoon. Should I remove the listing or keep it here so that UU members can continue to view the ukulele....

Well, it's already sold (for $1)... Now I'm sweating and hoping there are more bidders out there.....:eek:

Last edited:
This went on eBay this afternoon. Should I remove the listing or keep it here so that UU members can continue to view the ukulele....
No reason to remove. you could close it to stop discussion if you like.

I hope you put a reserve price. :p

I had a quick look and can't find a listing when searching for "moore bettah".

You can put a link to your auction in the Links and Video's section.

I put the link on the forum. I don't understand why it didn't show up for you. It's had some immediate activity. I'll leave this open until it sells so the forum can keep up with the auction......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom