The Headline of your Dreams? - "Zooey Deschanel Can Play the Ukulele"

UKISOCIETY

Reaction score
From Esquire:

ESQ: What instruments do you play?

ZD: Piano and guitar. I can kind of play a little bit of ukulele and pedal steel guitar.

ESQ: But which is your favorite?

ZD: Well, my piano's really beautiful. I actually have two pianos. I have a Yamaha upright from the '60s that's blond, wood, and black, and I also have one from the '20s from Chicago — not a well-known brand or anything. I have a banjo ukulele from the '20s that's beautiful. And then I have a 1952 Martin guitar, acoustic. I have some really awesome things.

A banjo uke? Move over, George. Zooey is cleaning my windows from now on! ;)

Here's a pic about her from a snippet that calls it a "banjo" (it's a Liberty banjolele, which I'm unfamiliar with, but it's a beauty).
zooey1.jpg

Guess I missed her earlier "ukulele plea" in 2005.

sweet! she sort of looks like that katie perry girl in that picture

The 2005 article that I link to in Post No.1 ^^

HOLLYWOOD - Hollywood actress Zooey Deschanel is leading a revival of the ukelele--because

she fears the unusual instrument will become defunct unless people start

playing it again.

The actress' grandmother inspired her to take up the

guitar-like instrument, by telling her inspirational stories about the

ukelele's fashionable status during the 1920s.

But Deschanel is anxious about the absence of her favorite instrument in

contemporary music, so has urged fans to follow her example by learning how to

play the ukelele.

She says, "I urge all my fans, friends, family anyone who'll listen to play

the ukelele. It's a brilliant instrument.

"I took it up after my granny told me about all the cool people who played

it, and the great clubs they performed in. It's got such a great sound that you don't hear any more. So please, learn it and keep the ukelele alive."

Article Copyright World Entertainment News Network All Rights Reserved.

Judging by the number of people on UU, I don't think we really have to worry too much about the ukulele becoming defunct.

The 2005 article that I link to in Post No.1 ^^

HOLLYWOOD - Hollywood actress Zooey Deschanel is leading a revival of the ukelele--because

she fears the unusual instrument will become defunct unless people start

playing it again.

The actress' grandmother inspired her to take up the

guitar-like instrument, by telling her inspirational stories about the

ukelele's fashionable status during the 1920s.

But Deschanel is anxious about the absence of her favorite instrument in

contemporary music, so has urged fans to follow her example by learning how to

play the ukelele.

She says, "I urge all my fans, friends, family anyone who'll listen to play

the ukelele. It's a brilliant instrument.

"I took it up after my granny told me about all the cool people who played

it, and the great clubs they performed in. It's got such a great sound that you don't hear any more. So please, learn it and keep the ukelele alive."

Article Copyright World Entertainment News Network All Rights Reserved.

Sweet!!! Now I can tell everyone I play Uke cause Zooey Deschanel told me to!! That should be a shirt!

I have no idea who this Zooey is and after googling it still don't recall seeing her anywhere.

Keep looking... She shows up more and more all the time. The last "made for TV" movie I saw her in was "Tin Man." If you watch the series "Bones" you also know her older sister Emily.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0221046/bio

No, no. I found who she was but I don't recall ever seeing her name or her face anywhere.

She was Will Ferrell's love interest in the movie Elf. Her lastest film just opened and is titled 500 Days of Summer. If you enjoy small independent films check her out in Winter Passing which also features Will Ferrell and Ed Harris.

I knew about her in She & Him before I knew she was an actress. :O The fact that she plays the uke makes her even more awesome.

The only thing that would make that headline better:

"Zooey Deschanel Can Play the Ukulele, and Insists on Wearing a Princess Leia Slave-Girl Outfit While Doing So"

JJ

to a married man yes. to a single man yes. to a person that has UAS....yes......yes yes..

I am a married man, and I can tell you I didn't notice she was holding an instrument until someone pointed it out.

It's become a cliche, "cute girl that plays the ukulele". Youtube is literally overflowing with them.

This is not a complaint, just an observation.

It's become a cliche, "cute girl that plays the ukulele". Youtube is literally overflowing with them.

As an "ugly bastard who plays the ukulele", I feel like I'm doing my part to balance things out a bit.

JJ

Top Bottom