Building in progress "Kimo super concert"

The best kind...
I bought two ukes recently so downupdave can try! That’s what we do! :eek:
I buy two.... he buys five! That’s fair!

Your are such a good friend for letting me buy more than you.

I will really have fun baby sitting all your children when you are away. Maybe some of your excellent playing skills will rub off on me :rock:

My I'iwi is a torrified spruce top with figured mahogany back and sides. I was influenced by you and your friends that played it and waxed poetically of it's sound.
My belated thanks to you all. I guess after you make your sound sample of your Kimo, I better not listen to it or you and your friends might influence me to buy another ukulele. Aloha.

My I'iwi is a torrified spruce top with figured mahogany back and sides. I was influenced by you and your friends that played it and waxed poetically of it's sound.
My belated thanks to you all. I guess after you make your sound sample of your Kimo, I better not listen to it or you and your friends might influence me to buy another ukulele. Aloha.

I remember the I'iwi with the torrified spruce top and figured mahogany back. That is one fabulous looking and sounding uke, congratulations. I had brought my I'iwi to Luis (builder of LfdM ukes) he was really impressed with it. He said "You can tell it was built with a lot of love". It is one of just a few ukes that I will never sell

Oooo, yeah! In that pic, the top pic is definitely better!

I love redwood.

For those that "voted" for their top preference I have chosen the one of the left in the picture below. Here are a few pictures of the neck in it's initial shaped stage. Also shown is the extra large carbon fiber piece that Hank places inside the neck to stiffen it. He gets them from a friend in the Aerospace industry and he likes the tap tone this adds.

20180114_091929.jpgIMG_20180106_131930370.jpgIMG_20180106_132001896.jpg

What a great choice of woods! Congratulations, my friend, can't wait to see how this turns out...

I asked Hank to use macassar ebony for the fingerboard and bridge here is the piece he picked out. We decided an abalone rosette would be a good color choice with the redwood top.

IMG_20180111_111858355.jpgIMG_20180112_114753998.jpg

Very lovely timbers that's for sure, I'll be looking forward to a sound sample with great anticipation, that uke should sing like a bird! :D

I hope you don’t mean a Kookaburra bird

Dave has good eyes on timber. :drool: I mean taste!

Very lovely timbers that's for sure, I'll be looking forward to a sound sample with great anticipation, that uke should sing like a bird! :D

Thanks Campbell, I don't know what Brenda is referring to (some kinda wierd Canadian/Australian humor:p) but I am sure it will have a sweet voice

Top Bottom