Season 257 The Campfire Jam

lelouden

Reaction score

The Campfire Jam

Do you aspire to be the next ukulele dude or dudette? What songs would you choose if you were at a campfire or front porch jam? Bring me the songs that you would want others to join in and sing with you this week. The lucky winner will be drawn from the hat and there will be small prizes for some of my favorites.

Lucky winning prize for this challenge is a piccolo iUke that comes with a case with a set of Aquila strings made for the iUke. The iUke is tuned an octave higher than the soprano GCEA. It is the perfect size to throw it in the backpack or suitcase and you can have it at your next gathering. Check out this iUke Jubilee https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAaGXOdpdRM.

Song writers goal – bring me songs that have a catchy chorus that will inspire us to sing a long with you.

*Unlimited songs
*All newly recorded this week
*Season starts Sunday the 15th at 00:01 Hawaii time and ends the following Sunday the 22th at 11:59:59 pm.
*Announce or list in the video Season 257

Everyone likes encouragement. Your comment might help someone enormously. Each comment contributes the positive vibe of the Seasons, and strengthens the aloha spirit of the challenges.

Remember that Season 256 and 257 share an overlap on Sunday the 15th . This means that you can post on both threads Sunday but please don't double post.

Jam Playlist

Last edited:
I wasn't going to participate in this season so I could have a rest before hosting the next one, but I've been inspired right off the bat. Seeing Jodi play Wonderwall has got me thinking about catchy chord progressions and strums, and with that in mind there is a song that I just HAVE to play.

|: [C]Suuu-per | [F]theme, | [G]Linnnn - | [C]da :| (repeat as often as desired!) Now, to come up with a title! ;)

Seriously, this promises to be another great Season! Great idea, Linda!

|: [C]Suuu-per | [F]theme, | [G]Linnnn - | [C]da :| (repeat as often as desired!) Now, to come up with a title! ;)

Seriously, this promises to be another great Season! Great idea, Linda!

Im happy that you all seem to feel good about this one.

I will check in on you late tomorrow morning so someone needs to gather fire wood, get the fire going and start cooking up the eggs and bacon. If you want to go fishing in the morning don't wait for me. Im always the last to get out of the sleeping bag!

When I do join you we will all have Dennis teach up his new song ;-)

Great theme! You might wish you didn't make it "unlimited" though........(heh, heh, heh)

Away from home and despite the fun theme no songs spring to mind.
I will bring something later in the week.
Look forward to what people bring to the campfire and if I know them I'll be singing along.....

For many people the football terrance is the new campfire.
Singing football chants together is about as close as many
people get to communal singing. So here is a short new
campfire song extolling the magic feet of Pablo Hernandez :)

Last edited:
And one more, Elvis Presley's Can't help falling in love, in case you are wondering, these where all performed by members of U2 at some point ;).

Just a quick peek this morning to see where we are headed. Gotta find a tree and then Im diving back into the sleeping bag!

Sometimes when the season is wide open it makes it hard to find a direction to go. I know some of you don't like help and others do. Here is a map for those of you that are lost.

For those of you that don't want help, put your compasses away and look for the moss on the north side of the tree.

Top Bottom