262. You Want It Darker.

mountain goat

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
This week your challenge is threefold.

1. SONGS OF THE NIGHT
record any song that by way of lyric and/or title is reflective of the night.
2. YOU WANT IT DARKER
sing me something written by Leonard Cohen.
3. SLEEP EVADES ME
write me a song or a poem or a short story that in some way is reflective of the night.

usual timeframe applies.
please no more than three entries.
you can mix and match across the 3 categories in whatsoever fashion you choose, and record and present them however you so desire.
i will offer some gifts to the performers my favourite entries. the gifts will relate to music and poetry.

thank you to all seasonistas past and present for making this thing what it is.
i hope you enjoy the week everybody.
playlist will be online after the first entries come in.

you want it darker playlist

Last edited:
Oh...I have just the song for this. CONGA... CONGA
Hahaha- That bit of banter goes back five years. Pre-seasons silliness ;)

Oh...I have just the song for this. CONGA... CONGA
Hahaha- That bit of banter goes back five years. Pre-seasons silliness ;)

Ha! Mate. I'd love to kill the guy who teaches that thing... :)

Hear Ye! hear Ye!

I am inaugurating a new rule aka Thornton/TCK of seasons past.

If a host decrees a particular theme fits a certain seasonista like a glove, they shall be exempt from the limitations per posting as decreed in a season OP.

With this in mind I hereby declare xommen, pabrizzer, wee_ginga_yin and turtledrum exempt from the above.

Complaints and etc may be made directly to management or host.

:deadhorse:

Talk about the pinch hitter delivering in the clutch ... Baseball reference. Could not help myself. Great theme, Jon!

Great version! But please, as much as I love Patti, it's a Bruce song - he wrote it and sent it to her. I saw them do it together in NYC in 78 - it was phenomenal!

And Jon, I got just the number for this week.

"Long Black Veil" A classic ghost story told from the point of view of the ghost. Danny Dill said this was inspired by the legend of a mysterious veiled woman who regularly visited Rudolph Valentino's grave.

Long before the Seasons of the Ukulele, there was this fellow on here who called himself Eugene Ukulele, and he would always bring us the most pleasant old songs from his backyard. Snappy dresser too truth be told.
Anyway- this is the chord progression he taught me to play this tune in way back in 2012.
Wish I knew where that guy was...think he is a dance instructor somewhere now.
I Wonder Where my Baby is Tonight- Cliff Edwards Jiminy Cricket Ukulele Ike...and all of the above.

Thanks for stepping in Jon-O

Last edited:
New Uke Day! Very excited to have this Risa LP Electric Ukulele from Mim's Ukes. If you do not know Mim she is AWESOME! When she was at NAMM she said she was going to start carrying this line and wanted to know if anyone wanted one. I couldn't hit the send key fast enough. She did a great job of setting up the uke and taking care of me through the process.

Wrote this song while I was on the road two years ago. Got a little confused in the intro with what Season it actually is.

Season 262. Submission 1. "Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye" (Written and recorded by Leonard Cohen, 1967)

Top Bottom