::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my first two new clients at a new spa today.

All night in my dreams I was getting ready to massage people in some warehouse setting with people working on cars around me. It was crazy noisy. There was another therapist there working on kids when I had been told I’d be the only therapist hired. I was just so confused and trying to figure out why I didn’t have a private room and I kept wondering if they’d stop using all the noisy equipment in time for my clients. I was really worried how it was all going to work out.

Woke up irritated and exhausted.

I have my first two new clients at a new spa today.

All night in my dreams I was getting ready to massage people in some warehouse setting with people working on cars around me. It was crazy noisy. There was another therapist there working on kids when I had been told I’d be the only therapist hired. I was just so confused and trying to figure out why I didn’t have a private room and I kept wondering if they’d stop using all the noisy equipment in time for my clients. I was really worried how it was all going to work out.

Woke up irritated and exhausted.

Hope the day goes better.

I was dreaming it was Saturday. I was soooo bummed when the alarm went off and reality hit.

Hahahahaha! No. I don't have assigned reading at this point in my life.

Here's a quote for your enjoyment:

"After a portrait of Monica in book 9 of the Confessions, where the somewhat idealized and threatening figure of his mother as it was communicated in earlier books takes on the shades of human flesh, through now being built up in loving brush strokes by small tales of childhood peccadillos, Augustine breaks out into the same somber language of risk: 'Her soul let no one wrench from Thy protection; let not, by force or stealth, the lion or the dragon bar her way.'"

My favorite item from the book, however, is a 4-line block quote IN FRENCH that he doesn't bother to translate for his reader.

How about this. The saints are the church's reinterpretation of the Roman pantheon. Those guys had gods and goddesses for everything. Edit out the household, crossroads, and small town gods. Replace with Christian saints. Voila! The all those petty superstitions are suddenly baptized.

Totally different take on the saints, from what I have gathered so far. He explores the phenomenon of saints' relics and graveyard gatherings and things like that.

DNA people tell me that you are my highest DNA match, estimated relationship is brother...surprise! I could have told them that for the last 62 years. Will be interested to see how our other numbers compare.

23 and me successfully matched me to my brother and identified his son as my nephew through the DNA. Those are the only immediate family members I know of (so far) who have done it. I didn't pay for mine - I wouldn't have - but it is interesting and fun when it's free.

Very cool! Genealogy is one of my hobbies. I would like to this rest.

Hmm. If I can find the link to the deal I did with 23 and Me I'll send it to you if you'd like - you can see if you're qualified. They're studying the genetics of people who have been diagnosed with depression - don't know if that applies to you - it does to me :). You have to answer 9 monthly surveys and cognitive tests as well to qualify for the free test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom