::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a lot of kids from India and our cafeteria offers quite a bit of vegan options. I just tried a vegan "burrito" which was basically a bunch of veggies with a bit of rice and beans in a tortilla.

Awful.

Chunks of carrots and zucchini gave it a weird, crunchy texture. And not even tapatillo sauce could give it flavor.

my mind instantly goes to that episode of Bob's Burgers when Bob starts a cafeteria uprising of sorts.

Last edited:
Mahalo everyone for the welcome-backs! Hard to believe 4400 post had me at the lead at one time. I think it was during the first 6 months here when this forum was new, I was a post whore. ;)

Aloha Pueo. WOW I did not know that? How is Uncle Emil doing? When is the next show? Have you made any ʻukuleles? I am actually starting the process of making my first ʻukulele not a cigar box but a sakē (rice wine) box ʻukulele. Got all the pieces, now just have to get off my ʻokole and get it started.

Emil is doing well. He may step down from leadership of the Guild this year, but stay on as a Kupuna.
I do not build ukulele - yet.
I am not going to say never, but there are many who are more highly skilled at making than I, and I also lack all tools and experience, so at this point I prefer to admire them and play them.
My involvement with the Guild is more focused on promoting Kanikapila and community - assisting with keiki music programs, tuning up/repairing ukulele in schools, that type of thing.

Next Guild show will be in November. We may also have an event on the Westside in the Ko Olina resort sometime in the fall.

We are currently negotiating with Bishop Museum about recurring Kanikapila as well.

Just check the Ukulele Guild of Hawaii facebook page for updates.
We would love to see you at a kanikapila!

Hugs to Freeda. I deactivated facebook. I have no idea what happened to Hugo, but now I'm worried.

If I got a penny a post for every post in all 22 of my namesake threads I wonder how much money that would be. :eek:ld:

Let's see...roughly 30,000 posts for each of 20 threads, plus 42,000 posts in another one and almost 53,000 in this one comes up to about...

...thinking...

695,000 posts

...so 695,000 cents....

...divided by 100 cents per dollar...

...$6,950.

Post whoring doesn't pay very well.

Hey Uncle! How's the back?

Aloha Mike, great to see ya! My Mainland cedar top pineapple still one of my favorites, mahalo!
My back still an ongoing thing. Iʻm at a total of 4 surgeries so far, and I just got a treatment plan approved for 3 epidural injections along with aggressive physical therapy. I think this will be my last hurrah then Iʻll just accept my back as it is and adjust my lifestyle accordingly. I have 3 friends who are paraplegics in wheel chairs, and they are the most positive attitude people I know so I count my blessings daily, I can still walk relatively normally. Mahalo for asking! :shaka:

We usually get back money too. A lot sometimes. I think this year will be good with house purchase

Home ownership plus Ben in college, two minor children, and me in graduate school has been good to us, tax-wise.

I claim the Timmie's points.

Hockey player Tim Horton opened a small donut shop as a side business (because hockey does not last forever), and built it into a small regional business when he died in a car crash. His smattering of shops was purchased form his family by a big conglomerate which built it up to nearly 5000 locations. So Tim Horton's name is on 5000 donut shops that Tim Horton himself had little to do with.

And now you know... the rest of the story!

Hugs to Freeda. I deactivated facebook. I have no idea what happened to Hugo, but now I'm worried.

Not Hugo - her elderly husky Cheyenne. She had a good mom and dad and lived a good life. Blessed journey, pup.

Hockey player Tim Horton opened a small donut shop as a side business (because hockey does not last forever), and built it into a small regional business when he died in a car crash. His smattering of shops was purchased form his family by a big conglomerate which built it up to nearly 5000 locations. So Tim Horton's name is on 5000 donut shops that Tim Horton himself had little to do with.

Is that the donut shop on Wayne's World?

It's been so long I forget the name of the donut shop

Thanks, Mr. Harvey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom