::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 10!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the coolest daydream...and to be perfectly honest I teared up a little just thinking about how cool that would be. Of course, I'm sitting at work, which I am hating these days, with nothing but a view of a fluorescent-lit room half-full of noisy computers and dreaming about being anywhere but here...but your dream was about the best thing I've heard in weeks and weeks. Do you mind if I join you in your dream?
{[([([(Jon)])])]}
I was so there last year.

I don't know who that cat is. Maybe Stephen does?

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

I put my dinner on the grill, and then came in the house because it's seasonably cold again here. There sat my computer, all fired up and open to The Thread. I sat down for a quick few posts.

Tonight's entree? Brown Sugar Barbeque Chicken Cinders....

Mmmmmmmm. Delicious. Just know it has a good helping of PoHo love...

In tragic news, I have been doing so much chunking recently that my fingernail on the strumming finger has split and has had to be cut back. Truly a firstworldproblem :)

You might want to see a doctor about that. They have those down there, right? :D

{[([([(Jon)])])]}
I was so there last year.

Thanks Damon.

Truth is...I hate my job. I hate IT. I fell into this job years ago and never left, and with a wife and three kids under my support, it is just too hard to turn my back on okay pay and terrific benefits to go looking for something else. I make just enough to keep the family afloat, with a vacation a year (helped by Christmas presents from my mom)...but that's a lot better than nothing.

Sorry for the pity party - I slide down into self pity about work about once every six weeks or so...

Nice to have you back, E! Every night can't be stupendous, but then you know that already. As long as you're still learning, still having fun, still making some money....it's all good, right?

I had a daydream the other day, in which I traveled to Bermuda without telling you first, and snuck into the back of the room at one of your gigs. You played, you sang, you had a great time. At some point you asked the crowd for requests, and I hollered from the back, "Can you do King of the Road?" You hesitated for a minute, looked perplexed, then shaded your eyes and picked me out at the back of the room. Your reaction was priceless, and then you dragged me up to do the song with you as a duet. Aren't dreams cool?

We're going to make that happen one day!

Thanks Damon.

Truth is...I hate my job. I hate IT. I fell into this job years ago and never left, and with a wife and three kids under my support, it is just too hard to turn my back on okay pay and terrific benefits to go looking for something else. I make just enough to keep the family afloat, with a vacation a year (helped by Christmas presents from my mom)...but that's a lot better than nothing.

Sorry for the pity party - I slide down into self pity about work about once every six weeks or so...

((((Jon)))) It's the pits to hate your job! I wish you could find a way to investigate alternatives. You've got a long way to go before your kids are independant. I started my career really liking my job. It was an honest living that allowed me to be on my own for most of every day. I got good pay, good benefits, great excercise and job satisfaction. Changes in the P.O. over the years have led to major micro-management and cost-cutting that have ruined the work environment. I'm so glad I can finally get OUT....

That is the coolest daydream...and to be perfectly honest I teared up a little just thinking about how cool that would be. Of course, I'm sitting at work, which I am hating these days, with nothing but a view of a fluorescent-lit room half-full of noisy computers and dreaming about being anywhere but here...but your dream was about the best thing I've heard in weeks and weeks. Do you mind if I join you in your dream?

You're gonna be here, too... or maybe, I'll be THERE!

One never knows! My nephew still has 3 1/2 years of college over there!

Thanks Damon.

I feel you, brother.

I don't know what I'd do in a job I hated. I don't think I could take it.
I consider myself VERY lucky to be in a position where, while I'll never make a metric buttload of money, I'll always be able to have enough, as long as I work at it.
Having said that, I also consider you lot very lucky to have kids and a family and, while the jobs may suck, going home to them HAS to relieve the sting a little.

I feel you, brother.

I don't know what I'd do in a job I hated. I don't think I could take it.
I consider myself VERY lucky to be in a position where, while I'll never make a metric buttload of money, I'll always be able to have enough, as long as I work at it.
Having said that, I also consider you lot very lucky to have kids and a family and, while the jobs may suck, going home to them HAS to relieve the sting a little.

Going home is the best part of every day, and I have kids (the two older ones, at least) who will still come running for a hug when I walk in the door and the baby flashes me a huge smile and my wife gives me a kiss and is happy to see me and even the dog comes over for a scratching. My family is what keeps me at this place, but they're also what make it worth putting up with.

Nice to have you back, E! Every night can't be stupendous, but then you know that already. As long as you're still learning, still having fun, still making some money....it's all good, right?

I had a daydream the other day, in which I traveled to Bermuda without telling you first, and snuck into the back of the room at one of your gigs. You played, you sang, you had a great time. At some point you asked the crowd for requests, and I hollered from the back, "Can you do King of the Road?" You hesitated for a minute, looked perplexed, then shaded your eyes and picked me out at the back of the room. Your reaction was priceless, and then you dragged me up to do the song with you as a duet. Aren't dreams cool?

That wasn't a dream. That was a vision of the future!

Hi There Miss Sukie!

As you are so fond of pointing out to everyone else, this is the space for venting and pity parties if that is what you need.

Speaking of venting, I am a little stressed at the moment - the guy who left whose job I was placed into was a real wizard, and I am barely keeping my head above water. I am stressing because I have this irrational fear that they are going to realize I can not do this job and then they will demote me or worse. Every day I get up and say to myself, "Today is the day! I WILL figure this 5#!z out and everything will work!"
But every day there is ANOTHER problem, and since I am kind of having to do my old job too since there is no one else doing that, it gets stressy. I feel bad that I am not moving forward on my projects and it also feels like my support response is slipping. Everyone here is all smiles, I know they understand, but *I* feel like I am not doing my best and it is frustrating. Not to mention the reduced PoHo time hahahahahhaha. I come here when my stress and frustration need a break or my brain will explode.

I left a high-paying job with great benefits that was super easy for me. I was looking for a challenge and I found it. I just hope I am able to rise to it. Some days I have doubts and want to just hide. Tomorrow is another status meeting where I will probably have to tell them the new environment is still not ready. I have a feeling that guy I replaced would have had it done two weeks ago. Hopefully it is just my crazy brain and it's all good, but some days that's how I feel.

I am sorry to hear that you don't like IT, because we have a couple of open positions here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom