Season 300 - Deep Cuts

Song by the Accidentals: "Tangled Red and Blue"

Both times I sang a line in the chorus wrong: "You'll push right through the sadness, through the tangled red and blue". "Sadness" became "madness" -- but that might be better anyway.

I had a little bit of time to watch a few of your wonderful submissions this morning. Gonna be a busy weekend. And I can't believe that Malcolm Young died!!! Damn.
Alright folks, keep the tunes flowing in and sharpen up your western swing chops for season 301.

bird’s eye view of my ukulele - Be Not Afraid Of Love - Yay, more Marc! I'm loving this stuff. Rabbit hole worthy for sure. And this cigar box uke, I keep wanting to ask if you made that.

Barbablanca - The Castle Of The Morning - Yay, more Marc! I'm loving this stuff. Rabbit hole worthy for sure. And this cigar box uke, I keep wanting to ask if you made that.

UkuleleLibrarian - Punk Rawr Show - This one sure woke me up this morning. I love it!! Never heard this before. I've never heard of the band either. Great energy. Thanks!

RAB11 - TNT - Malcolm Young died?! Must have been while I was on the road yesterday. This is the first I'm hearing of it. DAMN! I'm a big AC/DC fan.*
Thank you for playing this. Time we have an AC/DC week here.*

turtledrum - Softly - Sublime and lovely Linda. Perfect for an autumn night in front of the fire. This is a new to me song. Beautiful.

pabrizzer - Lost But Not Alone - I've never heard of Eagle & The Wolf, but if you praise them I have no doubt that it is worth a look and a listen. Beautiful tune Brian. I rarely hear you in that vocal register. Very nice.

AlanDP - Play Me A Song Like I Used To Know - YES!!! I was hoping to get one of these originals in this week. I thought it would be a pastiche from the intro. I absolutely love this. Excellent lyrics. Right up my alley.*

We are winding down here at season 300. What a week it's been. You people are fabulous. I've learned so many wonderful songs this week. I'll be down various rabbit holes for weeks! Thanks for your contributions. Still a few hours left so if you haven't had the time yet, now's your chance. And make sure you find yourself a fun tune to play 301. Western Swing is rabbit hole you will no doubt enjoy!
Here's what you've done today:

hendulele - Between You And Me - A serendipitous recording, right on Graham Parker"s bday! Wonderful. I have never heard this tune. Really nice.

tootler - The Salt People - The banjo uke does fit nicely for this song, I agree. Interesting historical song. I love that you included all these wonderful bird pictures in your video. Nice addition!

Recovering Bassist - I’m In Touch With Your World - Great cover! I loved The Cars' first album as well. Haven't heard this in years. I love your percussive use of the uke body. Excellent work.

JodeTheToad - The Hills of Isle Au Haut - I am being exposed to so much new music this week! New to me anyway, and that's the point. Thanks so much for this. Not a song or artist I have ever heard of before. Very nice.

Rustyy - Walkin’ Down The Road - I've always liked Jackie Blue. Never heard this one. Looking forward to checking out the original. Good tune Rusty. Thanks!

Recovering Bassist - Bull Mountain Lad - I never knew he had the nickname "No Show Jones", lol. Poor guy. Yeah, I guess he's seen a lot of trouble in his time. Really good song.

AlanDP - Stay In - I really like this tune. Nice use of the uke to simulate bells. And yeah, what the heck is a turtle dove? I'll have to see if I can find the original.*

Desert Pavement - Plum Island National Anthem - Interesting tune. Never heard it before. All we drink is beer. Lol. Gotta nice shuffle thing going on here. I like it!

Desert Pavement - You Gave Your Love To Me Softly - This sure is new to me. I like the lyrics. Cool song. I've never heard of Pinkerton either. Am I just old? lol. Thanks for turning me onto this.

TCK - Stay Close To Me - Play in an outhouse anytime you like mate. Yeah, I've never heard this. Lovely tune. This just might send me down a rabbit hole. See you over at 301. Think I'll showcase my new uke!

29moons - Put This Love To The Test - John, you made it! Yay. I have to admit, I did think you were about to Rick roll me. I have never heard of Jon Astley. At least I don't think I have. Cool tune. I'll have to have a listen to this album. You definitely hold it in high regard.

dickadcock - Tangles Red And Blue - I've never heard of The Accidentals. Nice song, and well done. Sounds like my kind of tune.

Demimondaine - Good Times - Haha, cute song. Is this another original? I like it. Beautiful sounding uke there. I remember wishing the hey day of the San Francisco music scene would return. Yup.

Several interesting rabbit holes appeared this week but the one I followed led me to the International Submarine Band and this recording from 1968. This song was written by Gram Parsons. He played with the International Submarine Band before joining the Byrds. This song also ended up on a Flying Burrito Brothers album.

Several interesting rabbit holes appeared this week but the one I followed led me to the International Submarine Band and this recording from 1968. This song was written by Gram Parsons. He played with the International Submarine Band before joining the Byrds. This song also ended up on a Flying Burrito Brothers album.

My whirlwind trip is now over and I can have a look at the very last entry for 300! Nice way to end the week Myrna. This is just lovely. It's new to me. Thank you for turning me onto it!

Finally wrapping things up around here. Thanks so much for helping me raise $ for the Wine Country Animal Lovers shelter, and for turning me onto some great music.

Thanks for the amazing Season and the generous donation! I really enjoyed this Season, and I discovered a lot of new stuff too!

And finally, here is the radio show I put together using some of the incredible songs you folks brought for season 300. It was so hard to whittle down all these tunes into a 17 song show. Some of the songs I really liked I didn't include for various reasons, mostly because I try to go for a certain flow and some tunes just didn't jive with what I was doing. Again, the show is comprised of the original recordings. Anyway, thanks to all the participants. You've turned me onto a slew of songs and artists I had previously never heard before. What a great week! Enjoy the show. Here's the link:
https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/dlaurice/episodes/2018-01-04T15_33_37-08_00

And finally, here is the radio show I put together using some of the incredible songs you folks brought for season 300. It was so hard to whittle down all these tunes into a 17 song show. Some of the songs I really liked I didn't include for various reasons, mostly because I try to go for a certain flow and some tunes just didn't jive with what I was doing. Again, the show is comprised of the original recordings. Anyway, thanks to all the participants. You've turned me onto a slew of songs and artists I had previously never heard before. What a great week! Enjoy the show. Here's the link:
https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/dlaurice/episodes/2018-01-04T15_33_37-08_00

Absolute KILLER show mate. So freakin awesome. Gold. Every single song.

Listening now. Oh my, there's some good stuff on here...:nana:

Thank you for doing this, Sean! Terrific Season and terrific Radio Show playlist! Thank you!

great show!!!!!!!!!! so wonderful to hear some marvellous marc there in the mix! :rock:

Cheers BEV! Glad you like the show. I knew when I heard Third Degree that it had to be a part of this show!

Listening now. Oh my, there's some good stuff on here...:nana:

Thanks Steve! Glad you're enjoying it.

Thank you for doing this, Sean! Terrific Season and terrific Radio Show playlist! Thank you!

Thanks for tuning in Linda! I'm glad you like it!

Nice job! I enjoyed the show, particularly the string band/blue grassy stuff. I dig shows like this where I am exposed to songs/artists I'm not familiar with in a variety of musical genres. I don't know who Katie Duffel is but she definitely owes a writing credit to Keith Richards/Mick Jagger for her "Table Song".

Cheers BEV! Glad you like the show. I knew when I heard Third Degree that it had to be a part of this show!

Thanks Steve! Glad you're enjoying it.

Thanks for tuning in Linda! I'm glad you like it!

Fun version of "Then I'll stop goin' for you" you found Sean!

Nice job! I enjoyed the show, particularly the string band/blue grassy stuff. I dig shows like this where I am exposed to songs/artists I'm not familiar with in a variety of musical genres. I don't know who Katie Duffel is but she definitely owes a writing credit to Keith Richards/Mick Jagger for her "Table Song".

I've never heard of Katie Duffel before either and I had exactly the same thought. In fact, after listening to the show my wife was walking around the house singing Sympathy.

Fun version of "Then I'll stop goin' for you" you found Sean!

Thanks. I like the Bob Amos version but this one I used seemed to fit better, in my opinion. Thanks for tuning in!

Top Bottom