UWC 2012, Ukulele World Congress

I finally called and got my reservations at BCI. Now I just need to figure out how to get to the field from the hotel. The google map link on the first page of this thread doesn't seem to want to work for me.

We got a great big convoy, running through the night...

once you hit Needmore, getting directions is easy. Just follow the awesome!

OK, I've had this map of the area. I scanned it and hope it's helpful. The UWC site is by the "P" in Plumb Creek Road, on the south side of the road. It's up by Needmore close to the upper left corner of the map.

attachment.php

Nashville, IN aera.jpg

This one might be better. UWC is by the "P" in Plumb Creek Road on the south side of the road.

attachment.php

We need info on Sundays uke fest in town, if it is indeed happening.

It better be happening. I convince a buttload of peeps to get a hotel room and stay an extra day, dammit.

I've got to work on Monday, so I can't stay the extra day. In fact, I've got to work on Friday, but I'm going to leave as soon as I possibly can, since it is about an 8.5 hour drive per Google. Plus potty stops on top of that.

I've got to work on Monday, so I can't stay the extra day. In fact, I've got to work on Friday, but I'm going to leave as soon as I possibly can, since it is about an 8.5 hour drive per Google. Plus potty stops on top of that.
not enough time, Mike.

Take a page from that NASA gal's book and wear an adult diaper... LOL

John

not enough time, Mike.

I know, Sally, but it's either that or nothing. So something is better than nothing!! Next year, I can come a couple of days earlier. I just have to work on the first 3 weekdays of each month, so events at the first of the month don't allow for vacation time.

http://shop.cafepress.com/uke-republic

The UWC shirt isn't there yet but this is the place and there's other way cool stuff (some by the same designer I believe)

That designer guy is pretty good! He also designed the gecko and chili pepper uke artwork for Mainland. And, he has a new children's book out. And he plays the saw!!!! How cool is that?!?!?

That designer guy is pretty good! He also designed the gecko and chili pepper uke artwork for Mainland. And, he has a new children's book out. And he plays the saw!!!! How cool is that?!?!?

If only we actually knew such a famous person, eh? BTW I'm glad you'll be making it up to UWC. Son, Matt and I are going for the first time and we're pretty well enthused by this time. See you there!

there's another map on the UWC 2011 thread that has some of the hotels, other sites etc listed if you want to have a look there.

so...we're thinking of trying to come...we'll ask our kids, 13 & 10, they may or may not want to do this adventure...might have to get grandma to house/kid sit...it's a (by Google map) 10 hour drive...from eureka springs, arkansas.
then there's our restaurant...can it survive without us there???!!! in our little town, it's our annual blues fest weekend...might be busy...but,...boy,...i would surely like to get away and 'really meet all of y'all..strum a little, learn some things...can i convince my cooks to cover for me? ply them with overtime and free beers...oh! the dilemma! if we don't make it, hope there is another video of how great a time it was! and, philpot...GO! philpot's mom, ah, c'mon! these are, or seem to be, really nice people that will take care of him! in a good way! hope to see y'all soon...or someday! cheers!

Someone mentioned getting around the Brown County area our good friend DeG made an outstanding google map with all the common points of interest. Looks like the link got nerfed on the first page of this thread so here's another attempt. http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...39.247011,-86.244907&spn=0.112466,0.2635&z=13 I still have a copy i printed out from 3 years ago in my car.

That field is so close, yet so far away.

so...we're thinking of trying to come...we'll ask our kids, 13 & 10, they may or may not want to do this adventure...might have to get grandma to house/kid sit...it's a (by Google map) 10 hour drive...from eureka springs, arkansas.
then there's our restaurant...can it survive without us there???!!! in our little town, it's our annual blues fest weekend...might be busy...but,...boy,...i would surely like to get away and 'really meet all of y'all..strum a little, learn some things...can i convince my cooks to cover for me? ply them with overtime and free beers...oh! the dilemma! if we don't make it, hope there is another video of how great a time it was! and, philpot...GO! philpot's mom, ah, c'mon! these are, or seem to be, really nice people that will take care of him! in a good way! hope to see y'all soon...or someday! cheers!

Hey - hope you make it Dave - bring some of those awesome hats, man!

Started working on the field already, just got a new bushhog that cuts wonderfully. Everything is looking good, the bonfire pile is already pretty respectable.

Top Bottom