Tenth Season of the Ukulele Challenge

Here's one Earth Day entry---R.E.M.'s acid rain anthem Fall On Me---from two seasonists:

Thanks ukuleledaddy for teaming up this week!

(Oh, and notice the Earth-friendly bamboo uke in my hands. That uke's sustainable, baby.)

Here's one Earth Day entry---R.E.M.'s acid rain anthem Fall On Me---from two seasonists:

Wow it's a Seasonists Supergroup!
You sound great together. Thanks.

Lots going on since I last checked in,
Strumsilly, that was ambitious, but you pulled it off. Beautiful tune.
UkuleleDaddy, Eco Anthem in the trees, great stuff.
Welcome Benjoeuke, glad you're aboard, nice job with a tough song.
Uke4ia, you are awesome, you come on all straight and normal with the home office and the button down shirt and then haul it over the rocks like nobody's business. Love it.
ReaderMo, you made it through one of the most verbose songs ever with nary a stumble. Impressive.
Glass, you are a force of nature. A force for good. Nothing re-used about that performance. Excellent.
I think I already commented on Eugene's song. I'm still astonished.
Nice showing this round.
AM I the only one doing two entries? The rules are a little ambiguous as they say you may do Shakespeare OR Earth Day, but then further down:"you may enter two performances, but only one for each category"
thanks friends, peewee

AM I the only one doing two entries? The rules are a little ambiguous as they say you may do Shakespeare OR Earth Day, but then further down:"you may enter two performances, but only one for each category"
thanks friends, peewee

Two entries, one per category, are not only allowed, but encouraged. One entry is all that is required for consideration, so if the seasonistas are busy, they shouldn't worry about doing both, but if they do (like you, peewee) they are welcome!

(Oh, and notice the Earth-friendly bamboo uke in my hands. That uke's sustainable, baby.)

Up until Out Of Time, I was gone on REM...with Monster I pretty much stopped listening to them, but every album before that was a classic and I still play them to this day...especially 'Dead Letter Office', 'Murmur', Fables Of The Reconstruction', 'Life's Rich Pageant', 'Reckoning' and 'Green'...that was a SUPERB version of a brilliant song you two. Just loved that so much, well done!!! Must be my shout
:cheers:

WOW that was absolutely fab chaps, bonus points i reckon for the first
super group of the seasons comp, you sounded really really good together,loved it ,look forward to more collaborations from you :)

hey gang, back for a second helping of the 10th season. This is my bash at a tune for Earth Day...I originally did "A Hard Rain Gonna Fall" but the computer couldn't cope with a 7.5 minute download :eek: so I went with a shorter one, "Garden Song" by David Mallett, an ol' folky from the 60's and 70's :)

excellent, wish I could chime in from the extreme other end of the country.

hey gang, back for a second helping of the 10th season. This is my bash at a tune for Earth Day...I originally did "A Hard Rain Gonna Fall" but the computer couldn't cope with a 7.5 minute download :eek: so I went with a shorter one, "Garden Song" by David Mallett, an ol' folky from the 60's and 70's :)

Wonderful, beautiful, fab playing and wonderful heartfelt, soulful voice my man,good to see you back on the bari :) loved that song always a pleasure to view and listen to your renditions mate :)

The Chinese say that there is only one important science and that is gardening... and that is not all that important.

I am longing to get into my garden. I am going to try to grow cape gooseberries this year.
I also have some Russian heirloom tomatoes called silvery fir tree.
No leaves on the trees yet and the ground and even the compost pile are still frozen.
I have plans to build a solar dehydrator for herbs.

Check out all sorts of crazy solar ideas at

Build it solar.

Wow it's a Seasonists Supergroup!
You sound great together. Thanks.

Lots going on since I last checked in,
Strumsilly, that was ambitious, but you pulled it off. Beautiful tune.
UkuleleDaddy, Eco Anthem in the trees, great stuff.
Welcome Benjoeuke, glad you're aboard, nice job with a tough song.
Uke4ia, you are awesome, you come on all straight and normal with the home office and the button down shirt and then haul it over the rocks like nobody's business. Love it.
ReaderMo, you made it through one of the most verbose songs ever with nary a stumble. Impressive.
Glass, you are a force of nature. A force for good. Nothing re-used about that performance. Excellent.
I think I already commented on Eugene's song. I'm still astonished.
Nice showing this round.
thanks friends, peewee

Thanks for the kind words....I figure I just like to record and hopefully may win something. Still learning alot but having fun!!!

Can I count the "Hamlet" video I posted on the first page toward the Earth Day contest because it's recycled from 2008? :p I just thought today of an Earth Day song that I'd be interested in doing, but I don't know if I'll find the time by Sunday. I'm doing an open mic night tomorrow, and that's my priority at the moment.

My 6 y.o. daughter just saw me scroll past your vid and said "Oh I love that guy can we see that?" Your appeal is universal, Jon!

mattydee...before i invest too much time in this next song, might i inquire if just mentioning Shakespears name in the song lyrics qualifies and or just barely meets the requirements?
if not, i'll try another! thanks!

mattydee...before i invest too much time in this next song, might i inquire if just mentioning Shakespears name in the song lyrics qualifies and or just barely meets the requirements?
if not, i'll try another! thanks!

That'll do. We've already got two entries so far which have qualified in that manner...

I don't think I'm going to get an entry in on time :( I've been ridiculously busy, and now I'm sick too. So if anyone wants to borrow my song, I was going to do Green Sleeves, which is mentioned in The Merry Wives of Windsor, right after Falstaff says "Let the sky rain potatoes!"

...finished my first banjolele this week: Kalikiana Ukulele:

That was fantastic Christian, your quite some player/picker :) and congrats on your building project, liking Dire straights has always been a dirty secret of mine lol and your version was ace my man even the angst and anger with the f word added to it, great performance,loved it, funnily enough since the sunshine ans smile week, and a hose pipe ban and drought alert over here in the Uk we have had rain every day and forecast for next week as well, its amazing we have a drought alert and all you see is umbrellas :) anyway top effort and enjoy the rest of your weekend

Top Bottom