Season 316 - The Sea, The Sea

kolibri

out of tune
UU VIP
Reaction score
Ahoy Seasonistas!

For Season 316, let's play songs about the sea.

Usual rules

- Season starts Sunday, March 4th at 00:00 Hawaii time, and ends Sunday, March 11th at 12 PM.
- Multi tracking and other instruments are fine, but ukulele should be the main instrument
- Mention in the video "Season 316"
- 3 song limit

When you have done three songs, there are two options for bonus songs:
1) Any song which mentions the sea by a band with a plural noun in the name (like The Beatles, Hanoi Rocks, Gorillaz...)
2) Any song that says that the sea is <other color than blue> (for example "the sea is green" or "sea was white")

You can use bonus song option 1) or 2) or both.

Original songs and instrumentals are very welcome.

And as Harry122 brilliantly predicted, I have no objection if you include some whistling with a mouthful of dry saltines. :)

Prize

They say that the best prize is ukulele. This week, the prize is a Brüko (Brueko) longneck soprano, made of cherry and walnut. (No rosewood, so I can ship this internationally.)

The winner will be chosen randomly.

There might be some additional small prizes, too.

Comments

I'll put my comments on your YouTube videos and don't duplicate them here. As you probably know, my comments are enthusiastic but short and pretty basic, so please help me and comment each other's entries.

Please don't forget that Benji's excellent season still has a day to go. 2nd Sunday: The Ruttles, Outkast, Green Day, Tim McGraw, Any Hymn

Most important: Have fun!

Playlist

Ylle, wonderful theme and very generous prize! (I vote for the house cat ...) ;)

Can the artist/band reference the sea as well?

Hi
In Iceland we have a lot of songs about the sea (and I mean thousands) - I will probably do things in Icelandic if that is ok. I can include translations of lyrics.
I am challenging myself to do a song a day. How many bonuses are alowed? If just two then I will not post the other days here.
Lookimg forwards to begin this theme after 315 is over.

one more question

Since I am new I am not yet clear on one thing. Do seasons begin on Sunday or do they begin at midnight when Sunday turns into Monday?
Regards
Caz

They begin on Sunday. A Season lasts for eight days - Sunday through the next Sunday. Each Sunday is both the last day of one Season and the first day of the next Season.

Thanks for your swift answer. I shall then be ready with a hymn and a sea related song tomorroe.

Hi
In Iceland we have a lot of songs about the sea (and I mean thousands) - I will probably do things in Icelandic if that is ok. I can include translations of lyrics.
I am challenging myself to do a song a day. How many bonuses are alowed? If just two then I will not post the other days here.
Lookimg forwards to begin this theme after 315 is over.

There is no requirement to do songs in English. In fact Ylle (this week's host) often does songs in her native language (Finnish? I find it hard to keep track). Subtitles are usually appreciated, but not required.

As others have said that is a terrific prize.
I have several ideas but by the time I can get to any of them (Tuesday) they will likely be done so get ready for some repeats!

Good morning from sunny and cold Finland! In 3 hours it's Sunday in Hawaii and "The Sea" Season starts, as well as Benji's Season's second Sunday.

Songs in Icelandic and other languages are very welcome - it would be great to hear what kind of songs people sing by different seas. This week, the maximum number of songs per Seasonista would be 5 (3 + 2 bonus songs), so that I can keep up.

I will be joining in what must be the inevitable wave of Bobby Darin later this week hopefully, but for now here's some Primus, sort of

Edit: here was me thinking I'd be first....

Top Bottom