::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know how I knew for once and for all that I found the right school?

There is a collection of religious doodads on the circulation desk at the library. They include a couple Buddy Christs (one a bobble head):

71mACJB8ZTL._SY355_.jpg

And these things:

Xoav37g.jpg

A school of theology that can laugh about religion? I feel like I fit right in here.

Aaahahahaha, those are great!

Kid comes cruising in late.

Me: "Hey, I saw you out in the hall. Get your butt in here on time."
Kid: Mr. Yoshida, I'm on the football team. We rule the school.
Me: Marching band went to the Macy's Parade, the Orange Bowl and this year the Rose Bowl. FBLA has won the state title NINETEEN years in a row and the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS SEVENTEEN YEARS in a row. I've been here 16 years and the football team has never been past a league championship and even then only three times.
Kid: But our stands are packed!!
Me: Until halftime. After the marching band performs everyone goes home. You're lucky the cheerleader parents have to hang around until the end of the game.

Yoshida: 1. Football kid: 0

Heheh......

And that's harsh, but still funny.

The project I've been building in the garage for Elaine is almost finished. I just need to cut, fit, and install the countertop, and fill the nail holes.

I may be able to get that done today, still. I'll try to remember to take pictures....

Do you guys eat any "weird" foods or weird combinations of foods.

For instance, right now I'm eating a liverwurst with ketchup sandwich.

When I used to spend the summers with my great uncles they used to feed me this for lunches. Working in the orchard all morning even Vienna sausages would taste good. Anyhow, every once in a while I get a craving for that sandwich. Usually when I'm feeling nostalgic. My uncles said they were fed liverwurst in the internment camps and eating with ketchup was the only way they could get themselves to eat it.

I guess they got used to it or they were trying to punish me. :)

I know. Sarcasm. I was responding to you saying teachers only work 9-3.

Most people do think we get paid for the summer too though.

Shocked the hell out of me that first year of teaching when I didn't get paid for two months!!!

Gary, I saw your name in the latest Ukulele Magazine. Well, your last name,anyway.

I forget the context, but I think the guy was hosting a festival, or doing a workshop, or something. I can check it out when I get home.

I had never seen the name Yoshida anywhere else but here before. Is it a relatively common Japanese name? Or, not so much?

When I used to spend the summers with my great uncles they used to feed me this for lunches. Working in the orchard all morning even Vienna sausages would taste good. Anyhow, every once in a while I get a craving for that sandwich. Usually when I'm feeling nostalgic. My uncles said they were fed liverwurst in the internment camps and eating with ketchup was the only way they could get themselves to eat it.

My mother and I used to enjoy liverwurst, or actually braunschweiger, sandwiches, but my father and sister wouldn't touch them. Braunschweiger sliced from the roll, Swiss cheese, sliced red onion, and yellow mustard on toasted white bread.

I have not had that, or even thought about it, in probably 50 years....

Last edited:
Gary, I saw your name in the latest Ukulele Magazine. Well, your last name,anyway.

I forget the context, but I think the guy was hosting a festival, or doing a workshop, or something. I can check it out when I get home.

I had never seen the name Yoshida anywhere else but here before. Is it a relatively common Japanese name? Or, not so much?

As a kid, I used to like putting salt on Jello. I have no idea why, or how that started, but I liked it....

eta: somehow I quoted the wrong post, obviously....

Is peanut butter and cheese weird?

My favorite all time inebriated discovery was a wheat hot dog bun liberally smeared with peanut butter and filled with spaghetti with marinara sauce. I dare you to try it.

I think it's pretty common in Japan. My lineage is semi-impressive. My family comes from one of the original ten ruling families of Japan. I don't think we were royalty but rather the Samurai who protected the royal family. My mon (family crest) was how we traced that back. I have a fairly wealthy aunt with no kids who is spending all her money trying to trace our family history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom