Season 274 - The Songs Stuck In My Head

Right Sean, as requested. Didn't have as much time as I'd like so it's rough and ready. As punk should be I guess.

Never heard of him before this season but I like his style, although my version is totally different, here is my take on Frank Turner - Get Better.

Warts and All!

I choose from the shame and scandal in the family playlist.

Looks like Paul just cracked open the safe and released a ton of TCK's old shows! I haven't even heard most of these. Find them over in the companion thread.

Wait, there are songs by The Kinks buried in those lists!? I can't resist, they are too damn fun to play and sing. From the Blast Off From Planet Nerd episode.

Plus I didn't want Randy to feel so alone out in space.

Last edited:
17 more songs added to the available playlist folks...which at this point is staggering anyway, even to me. I did play some fun ones though...something for everyone, and I got to riff on Sean's show, which is sometimes hard to do because he has a knack for finding an hours worth of music about his light saber collection. Cheers
LOVE?

Here we go folks! Want to be the first person on your block to hear the brand new Songs Stuck In My Head show, hosted by TCK? He just posted. A new show is posted every Thurs. or Fri. and TCK and I take turns doing shows. When it's his turn it's like Christmas for me. Every other week. I cannot wait to hear what he dishes up. So here you go. I've only ever heard one song from this new show so I'll be exposed to a bunch of great new tunes along with the rest of you. The new show is called Love? and it's at the top of the Podomatic page. Enjoy!

And on offering from the latest show because why not. This is the creepiest love song I know...so I had to do it. Could not stop the voices this time (or usually). Rated N for naughty right here.

Last edited:
Alright, I'm putting up the comments now because the kids are going to bed soon, the wife is out of town and, dammit, I'm gonna spend some time tonight playing some songs. Who's coming to the party?
There were some really great songs played today! You folks have far surpassed my highest hopes for this season!

One Man And His Uke - Suzanne Beware Of The Devil
You nailed that sucker to the wall! Excellent cover. I'll have to watch this a few times to learn your reggae technique. It's always more tricky than I think it should be.

AlanDP - Who’s Lovin’ You
Superb intro. One of these days I'll learn that fancy stuff. Not an easy one to sing. You did well! This was from the only show that Dave and I did together. That was fun.

kolibri - Rabbits Don’t Ever Get Married
A bit of a bitter sweet tune isn't it? I had only heard this once, on TCK's show. It's really good and I'm glad that you played it. Very different from the original, which is great. You served it up nice and fresh.

LimousinLil - Sunday Girl
Glad you made it to the party Val! What a treat this is. I love the original, and to hear it in French is just fab. So glad you did this! Thank you.

RAB11 - Born To Lose
"**** it, it's punk!" LOL. Love it. Yeah, this is a departure. Nice to hear a new interpretation. I like the back and forth between a more laid back sound and straight punk. Thanks so much for giving this one a go!

bird’s eye view of my ukulele - Makin’ Love
Plugged in! Excellent!! Such a good garage song and you nailed it. Yeah baby! I love this. And BTW, I was listening to the Going Underground show today and thought you'd do a great cover of Ecstasy. Just sayin'

Tomcat Wombat - Dimes For Nickels
I love JD McPherson and so glad you did this one. Always nice to hear the harp in these vids. Your vocals are really good here. Your whole approach gives the song a slightly more laid back feel than the original, a real front porch feeling. Super!

xommen - Get Better
TCK recently discovered FT as well and liked him so much he did an entire show of his songs! I love this version of yours. It really highlights the wonderful lyrics and gives the whole tune a different feeling. Well done!

Tomcat Wombat - 10 AM Automatic
Not an easy song to play, I know I've tried, and you really got ahold of this one. Maybe my favorite Black Keys tune. Glad you brought this one.

lelouden - Rockin’ And Rollin’ With Grandma
Linda! I was hoping we'd see you this week. Such a fun song. This seems right up your alley. And I appreciate the little bio in the description. I knew nothing about Carson Robinson before today! Thanks.

AlanDP - When They Play Rural Rhythm
You had me scratching my head until I noticed that Paul had dug up a bunch of TCK's old playlists! This is new to me. I have only heard a few of his older shows, not this one. Great tune!

Dessert Pavement - Supersonic Rocket Ship
You make this look so easy. I've tried to play this song numerous times and it just never works out for me. I LOVE this song so much. I can't tell you how happy I am that you have brought this into the week. Very well done indeed. I do love The Kinks. You'll find them peppered throughout my radio shows.

TCK - Philomena
Super creepy song played on a banjo uke. LOL! Love this mate. You get to play The Decembrists. WIN! This is racy. Just right to kick off a radio show. Damn I love this radio thing. And you and Mel; and the dogs. And combining the show with the seasons. Party on the thread tonight! This is great.

And BTW, where is Alan Thornton? Someone drag his butt in here.

Riffing. When Sean and Dave start texting "tag, your it." Back and forth. Last time we did this we had just lost Chuck Berry. It sure is fun.
And while we are playing Star Anna songs...what the heck? She is awesome.

From the episode, "The Sounds of Science," Chris Murray's "Dinosaurs." I added electric piano.

Top Bottom