17 fret Koa Soprano

Timbuck

Reaction score
I repeatedly get Emails and posts asking me when will I do a 17 fret Soprano? so I'm doing one...I don't build e'm like this very often but this is what it looks likes so far :)

Last edited:
looks amazing. cant wait to see it finished

Hey Ken,
I know that you have close to perfected your system of uke making for soprano ukes. With this tenor, did you use some more basic forms,molds,etc for your build? Or are you set up for Tenor making the way you are set up for Sopranos. I'd just love seeing your "on the fly" stuff.

Ken

Hey Ken,
I know that you have close to perfected your system of uke making for soprano ukes. With this tenor, did you use some more basic forms,molds,etc for your build? Or are you set up for Tenor making the way you are set up for Sopranos. I'd just love seeing your "on the fly" stuff.

Ken
it's a Soprano not a Tenor :)....But I do have the same jigs etc: for Tenors.

Still asking for the reason of 17 frets fingerboard... who put here, under 12th fret?
And, too, I asking for (but I'am not pro luthier) if the long part of the fingerboard glued on the top
don't let vibs less free than with a short 12 frets fingerboard...
Sorry for my poor english... hope you understand what I mind.

Still asking for the reason of 17 frets fingerboard... who put here, under 12th fret?
And, too, I asking for (but I'am not pro luthier) if the long part of the fingerboard glued on the top
don't let vibs less free than with a short 12 frets fingerboard...
Sorry for my poor english... hope you understand what I mind.
Gerard ..You may well be right about the fret board Killing the vibes but if 17 frets is what they want..I'm not going to argue about it :) this is an original Martin that I'm styling this one on.

Happy you agree with me.
A friend of mine should be very happy that I made a soprano 17 frets just for her.
And realy, she (a very talantued girl) accept she never play under 7 - 8 th fret...
But, she love the apparence.
Get the look!
In another way, I have in hand, one day, a Kiwaya KTS-7, so 17 frets fingerboard.
Sound strong, clear, with sustain.
So, a uke is a total of so much little things, not just 2 or three...
And Tim, the Martin wood color?
Shellac? Garnet?
Hum?
Gérard - old sclool and clubman steel framed bicycles lover:rolleyes:

Top Bottom