Season 291 - Drugs

Here's an original. I don't think I'll ever try to write another drug song.

Someone requested the chords for this song, so I edited it to add them.

Heavenly [G]blue was the [C]color of the [G]flowers she [G7]showed me
Heavenly [C]blue was the [Cm7]color of her [G]eyes
Heavenly [G]blue was the [G7]hue of the [C]sky in the [Cm7]autumn
And she [G]breathed heavenly [D7]blue when she [G]sighed [G7]

I want to [C]fly with [Bm7]you through the [G]heavenly [Em]blue
I want to [Am]take you for a long rainbow [D7]ride
Just [G]take a little [G7]sip, and we'll [C]take a little [Cm7]trip
And every[G]thing will be [D7]different on the other [G]side [D7]

3. same chords as #1
It was a warm October night and the sky it was humming
We could hear the clouds speak in the wind
And the moonlight fell all around us like raindrops
And the space between our atoms was wide and thin

4. same chords as #2 except as noted
I want to fly with you through the heavenly blue
I want to take you for a long rainbow ride
Everything will be different on the other side
When I [G]fly with [D7]you through the heavenly [C]blue [Bm7][Am][G]

Last edited:
After two days, I'm already 20 videos behind. :( So it probably won't make much difference if I pause and do a video myself. This is a Steely Dan song about a junkie and the guy who takes advantage of him.

Willie Nelson released this song on April 20, 2012 (420 Day). I hope it's not too subtle.

Concert Flea and piano.

First heard this one by the New Riders of the Purple Sage...

And, especially for today, another song from the Sixties ... where I seem to be firmly rooted! I initially understood that this song was about LSD, but now I am not so sure; although it well might have been. Donovan wrote it during a trip to India with the Beatles to learn Transcendental Meditation; which is, itself, pretty "trippy" ... I know, because I practise it!

It seems very remiss of me to have never done Pulp for the seasons before. The poor intonation and string buzz of my dolphin seemed suited to this too. So, living as I do in Hampshire, I found a field and started playing on my lunch break. Unfortunately the castle in the field is covered in scaffolding at the moment so I couldn't get the money shot.

Would you Adam n eve it? My cover of Sorted for E's n Whizz is uploading as we speak, and was working on White Rabbit too :D
Oh well, in the meantime, someone mentioned Rogaine earlier....and Weezer mention Rogaine too, in this....

My cover of Sorted just finished its upload so here it is. I was never interested/ involved with Rave culture, but Jarvis is such a fine songwriter I had to do this one. Warning, contains a bad word, but just once. It's as Jarvis wrote it so I left it in.

You do realise that doing all these songs about drugs could get us chalked up
in Youtube's little black book. The P.C. police are everywhere and drugs, swearing
death, suicide and Veganism are all taboo subjects... and if you say a wrong word
you will be swarmed by the Social justice warriors. Regardless here is a Bert Jansch
song that was recently covered by Neil Young which delves into those subjects.
Third and last song for the season.

Last edited:
I'd a couple of songs lined up for this week, but then started practising this one below randomly, then the thought struck "oh yeah, everyone said this song was about drugs, but the band always denied it" only to search and see that that was no longer the case! Yay! As I adore this song, not because it's about drugs, but because of the odd, nearly discordant harpsichord/keyboard melody that runs throughout, it's very mesmeric. I just saw as I uploaded that Tootlin' Geoff beat me to it with his wonderful version.

I've just been informed by my perfectionist musician other half that I left out "the extra bar in the riff, the 7/8 part!" and "Ah here you need to do that part!" - blame the tab I followed which didn't include it! I only realised myself after watching a BEVOMU version myself. D'oh!

Top Bottom