::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took Tookta to the eye doctor yesterday for some redness and swelling.

I took the dog to the vet today, poor thing broke a nail and had it removed.

.........I'm hoping that is it for the week.

Yay we had a company drawing for a Nike Apple Watch and I won!
Too bad I have an Android.
I think it will work though, right?
It will do everything a Fitbit does, right?
Never really got into smart watches.
I'm a TAG-Heuer guy.

Who says I only win stuff. I haven't won a thing in a while now.

I'm on vacation. We leave for our trip tomorrow. I bet I will be pretty scarce around here for the next couple weeks.

I'm back - though I'll probably be scarce until I go back to work on Monday. Ugh.

We had a nice trip, though not without its stresses that come from a road trip (long hours in the car). Saw the redwoods, petted baby tigers, bears, bobcats, and foxes. I held an opossum, which was really cool. We petted an elephant yesterday - that was awesome. Went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, which was very impressive, but on a level with the Oregon Coast Aquarium about an hour and a half from us. I visited Mission San Juan Bautista - I wanted to visit one of the missions and this one was closest to our path - it's beautiful and very very peaceful, being off the beaten path compared to many others. Sheryl and the girls weren't really interested - okay, especially the girls.

We stopped in Ashland, Oregon, on Tuesday night - they have a Shakespearean festival there every summer (lasts all summer). We didn't see a Shakespearean play, but we did see their performance of Disney's Beauty and the Beast, which was magical. Ben met us there to catch the show, so the whole family saw it.

We had some issues with hotels - one ridiculous breakfast issue for which the hotel compensated us $60, and one particularly obnoxious issue (housekeeping that only pulled up bedcovers without doing anything else - including leave ANY toilet paper in the room) in Monterey where they comped us for one full day's stay. Nothing huge, but man am I glad I noticed the lack of TP in the morning BEFORE leaving my sacrifice to the porcelain god.

We actually cut the trip short by two days - forest fires in Crater Lake National Park made us decide not to visit there. Part of the drive around the caldera rim was closed due to the fires and Rim Village (with the park visitor's center and lodge) were on alert to be prepared to evacuate. The park was still open, but the amount of smoke made it not worth the while. We also decided to drive straight home last night after visiting Wildlife Safari instead of staying in a hotel. Good decisions, both - it's good to be home.

Have fun! Watch out for bedbugs! Remember your sunscreen! Did you turn the oven off? Did you remember the lock the doors? Don't forget your toothbrush!! ;)

No big deal. Yes. Yes. Yes. Got it.

The day we left Portland it got up to 105 in town and the smoke from forest fires in British Columbia rolled in.

It was in the 100s for the rest of last week. The smoke never left. It's still here, but it should only get up to 95 today.

We were in the 70s for almost the entire trip, sunny most of the time. It did get up to 100 when we came back inland (Redding, Ashland, Medford). We had a couple of thunderstorms roll through Ashland, but they were gone by the time the play started (it was in the Elizabethan theater outdoors). The temperature is supposed to start dropping in Portland starting tomorrow and the smoke should be fading away then too. We timed the trip perfectly.

Planners look like fun. I've always used a calendar. When I had four kids and all their activities I carried colored pencils around in a case with it. Each kid had their own color. That was implemented after I took the wrong kid to the wrong soccer field for the third time.

To this day they still identify with their assigned color, ha!

My sister does that, but their family has a big dry erase calendar in the kitchen with everybody having their own color of dry erase pen.

We ate at Bubba Gump on Pier 39 in San Francisco. Beautiful bay view from our table.

You really should have checked in before that one. There are so many better restaurants than Bubba Gumps on the wharf. Could have steered you away from over priced touristy and not-that-good-but-busy-because-of-touristy.

As long as you enjoyed your trip!

I'm not getting any work done right now.

My shoulder is painful and throbbing. I can't concentrate on what I'm doing. Right now I ran down to Safeway and bought two big bags of peas and I'm using them as ice bags.

We keep a bag of frozen peas in the freezer just to be used as an ice pack. So much better - they conform to the hurting part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom