Mim's Ukes - Kudos to Mim!

elisdad

Reaction score
Based on a few recommendations to check out Mim's Ukes, I was able to make my way down to Charlotte yesterday for a visit. My family enjoyed ice cream and all the wonderful ukes. Mim is just fantastic! We went to just check out ukes and enjoy some ice cream, but Mim's AWESOME customer service caused me to leave with a concert size Jazz Cutaway EleUke.

IMG_0239.jpgIMG_0234.jpg
I couldn't wait to get home and try it out. I really like the thought of being able to play with headphones in the evening and morning before the family wakes up. I am a total noob, but I really like the EleUke and plan on doing a review later. It is quite easy to play and my kids enjoyed me hooking it up to my amp today.

If you are in Charlotte, NC, you owe it to yourself to swing by Mim's. Mim is very personable, she knows her ukes, and her ice cream.

Congratulations, and nice job Mim!

Yeah, Mims a cool chic. I bought a uke from her awhile back. She gave me an awesome deal, and over and above service. I hope she hangs around in the uke biz for a long time.

Aloha Elisdad,
Welcome to the UU and our forums and the ukulele....Congrats on the new EleUke!!! Mim, ice cream, and Ukuleles...what and awesome experience and combination...not surprised you had a wonderful day!!
and walked out with a ukulele!!! Way to go girl!! Mim....Have fun and enjoy your ukulele!!!! thanks for sharing!!! Happy Strummings and Holidays to you, your family, and Mim!! MM Stan..

BTW, welcome to the site, and congrats, nice looking Uke. And Mim, I didn't get any ice cream with my Uke!! Aww, no worries Sister, it probably wouldn't have made it in the mail anyway, lol.

Thanks yall!

I LOVE meeting UU people... new or established! It is my 2nd home here! Anyone I sell a uke too is my new friend... so it was great to have you in Eric!!! And your kids are a lot of fun! I got so weirdly busy too. Turns out it was a whole church youth group. Today is dead!

I wish I could send ice cream to the people I ship to! But if you are ever in Charlotte, one is on me! :)

Thanks yall!

I LOVE meeting UU people... new or established! It is my 2nd home here! Anyone I sell a uke too is my new friend... so it was great to have you in Eric!!! And your kids are a lot of fun! I got so weirdly busy too. Turns out it was a whole church youth group. Today is dead!

I wish I could send ice cream to the people I ship to! But if you are ever in Charlotte, one is on me! :)

Then next time I am down that way, I will drop in to pick up my ice cream, lol..

Then next time I am down that way, I will drop in to pick up my ice cream, lol..

You have to be careful... it may be an expensive trip just for ice cream... my shop has a tendency to make the darn nagging UAS infection flair up ;) Heee!

Last edited:
You have to be careful... it may be an expensive trip just for ice cream... my shop has a tendency to make the darn nagging UAS infection flair up ;) Heee!

Hey, I'm a fat guy. NEVER underestimate how far a fat guy will go for a scoop of ice cream, lol..

Hey mim I visited and didn't get ice cream. Now I HAVE to come back! :) well it was only 5 1/2 hour drive. Ha! I did have a great time playing all those ukes and seeing the other uker's there. Great place, great people.

Mim is AWESOME! I purchased a mahogany 100-series concert Eleuke from her a couple of months ago (WITH the stripe - woo!) - bear in mind she does setups on them and the action on mine is smoooooooooth like buttah!

I've got a uke on order with Mim. Hi Mim!! [wave].

I second the good things said about Mim's service. Over and above, made the whole long-distance purchase thing very cool. Pity it's so far from Australia to Charlotte, I am thinking about that ice cream now. I'll arrange something for the unboxing on the uke's arrival.

Bruce in Adelaide

Mmmm, ice cream and ukes, how can you beat that! :)

John

Thanks yall!

Aloha Mim,
So if I don't buy a uke from you, am I not your friend???? that makes me sad.....Happy Holidays!!! MM Stan...

Is it possible to have ICAS?

Is it possible to have ICAS?

My wife has that! ;)

"How many different cartons of ice cream do we need in the freezer, sweetheart?"

I too have bought an Eleuke from Mim...as said before, customer service above and beyond anyone!

Thanks again Mim...I was rockin' the Eleuke on the Hawaii 5-O solo last night at the club Christmas party!

~Michael

No...I don't think so. Or it doesn't seem like a desireable thing to have, anyway. Now, ICCS (Ice Cream Consumption Syndrome) - oh yeah, I'm the poster child!

John

I got ya on that one Phart. I've lost 80 lbs in the past 4 months, and STILL weigh 555 pounds, and 300 lbs of that is Ice Cream, so,I get that very large spot on that poster my friend, hahhah..

Aloha Mim,
So if I don't buy a uke from you, am I not your friend???? that makes me sad.....Happy Holidays!!! MM Stan...

Oh no!!!! You are my friend! All my UU peeps are my friends! But I just mean, I really do become friends with a lot of the people I sell to! Sorry MM Stan, you know i love yoU!

I got ya on that one Phart. I've lost 80 lbs in the past 4 months, and STILL weigh 555 pounds, and 300 lbs of that is Ice Cream, so,I get that very large spot on that poster my friend, hahhah..

I am so proud of you though! It aint easy, but it will be worth it! Yes... ice cream is my achilles heel and I am surrounded by it!

Top Bottom