Hello from Lansing, Michigan

twokatmew

Reaction score
Hi,

I played classical guitar for many years but stopped due to a bone spur in the back of my fingering hand. I recently picked up both a baritone and tenor ukulele and find that four-stringed ukes don't aggravate the bone spur-tendon issue as six-stringed guitars do. I'm so glad I found this forum and am looking forward to participating! :)

Welcome!! I too play classical guitar and suffer from a wrist condition. The ukulele gives me no discomfort. You're in good company!

Lansing ? A town where Eldery instruments is. Lucky you.
Welcome to cyber cafe!

Welcome to the family. Lucky indeed having Elderly close to you. On second thoughts.....perhaps not. All those temptations. HaHa !!

Last edited:
Thanks everybody! And yes, Elderly Instruments is just a few miles away. i got both my ukes there. :)

Welcome!! I too play classical guitar and suffer from a wrist condition. The ukulele gives me no discomfort. You're in good company!

Yep, bone spur in the back of the wrist. Unless it gets a lot worse, I won't be having surgery. My three guitars haven't been played in a very long time. I'm so glad I discovered that I can play the ukulele without discomfort ... unless I play too much melody in the bass on my baritone. I haven't come across anyone else (till now) who had to stop playing guitar from wrist issues.

Last edited:
Top Bottom