::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a man who is concerned about his sister's health, and I respect that. I have never proselytized, but I have seen both my mother and my ex break their addiction to smoking, and they are both happier and healthier as a result. I'm glad I did whatever I could to help them. And no, I've never smoked.

If, in your world, there is nothing worse than a reformed smoker, then you live in a very happy world.

:agree::agree:

No compensation, but hopefully it is right this time. I even spent extra at UPS on packing for return trips, and they were told about that fact. Whatever just hope it's right this time. I had a heated conversation on Monday and amazingly they did the work and had it shipped in less than 24hrs from that talk. I do wish I wasn't put in a position to get "heated" or become a complete doormat. Oh well. It is what it is. I will still thank Jayme and Rick if it is correct this time.

THIS is why they treat folks badly. They are allowed to. Why did this bother me more than it does you? lol ... enjoy your uke.

hahahahaha ... yeah right. They have demonstrated (IMO) the fact that they don't care. I think it sucks that they are still selling instruments with his name when it appears that he has nothing to do with the builds. False advertising.

Huh?

You're buying a Compass Rose, not a Rick Turner. It's the Ukulele division of Renaissance Guitars. They don't claim that Rick makes each one. Considering they sell other instruments too it would be unreasonable to expect that he would make each one himself.

The ukes come in standard models, so "custom" is all relative. Rich ordered a model "B" with his choice of wood(s) and carbon fiber binding . . . and the pick up they keep overlooking:) Mine is a model "C" with my choices for purfling, color, wood, pick up and inlay. Because of the neck mix up, and it should be noted that the 14 fret to the neck was/is a new feature you can order (mine was one of the first requests), Rick worked quite extensively on mine. After doing the initial "fix" he wasn't satisfied with the sound and took it all apart again. If you take a mirror and look in the inside, you can faintly see where the braces used to be, you can also tell that my top was taken down thinner in some areas than others (basically he hand-tuned the top; which is pretty cool if you ask me).

At the very least, Rick laid out the bracing pattern specific for the top and applied the finish on Rich's uke.

Is Rick Turner an asshat on the threads? YES.

Is Rich's experience with Compass Rose the common experience for all of his customers?

NO!!!

You know if there was a big problem with customer service you would see thread after thread of complaints out there, because just like in here, people are looking to talk smack about the curmudgeonly rude guy.

Rich's situation absolutely sucks! I would be very disillusioned and angry if it happened to me and I would probably refuse the instrument, not because of the pick up but rather the lack of communication he has experienced. That's BS!!

But as far as I can see, and not just because I've met the guy, this isn't the norm for his business practices. It's like Rich hit the perfect storm of **** ups.

I'd order another CR in a heartbeat if I could afford it, as would most of his customers that I've talked with (more than a few of them have ordered again).

Sorry for the unintended rant.

Yay, Rich is leaving work now. He'll be home within an hour... I'm flippin' tired. I beyond HATE his late week (11a-7p)

The baby has been sleeping all sorts of weird hours... I just popped him back in the crib to nap again (my doctors appointment this morning screwed him up something awful, and we're combatting a growth spurt.), so he'll be in there till Rich gets home. He'll get him up and changed and fed while I rest. At least I'm halfway thru my work week.. I only have 2 more shifts to go till I'm off on friday. bleh.

I have no idea if he did any of the work. I think most work is done by his luthiers in his shop. However, I do think he probably did the carbon fiber binding. He previously did that on a few of his guitars for better projection, and it was a special request. First time he did that on a uke. I can't say for certain if he did in fact work on the uke. Unfortunately, it was sent out twice without the pickup and guitar strap button among other issues, but those were the reason it was sent back twice. Like I said the uke itself is quite amazing to play, and sounds excellent. Hopefully, I will eventually get to a UWC and you can see for yourself. No complaints about the actual instrument.

NOW I understand the problem. YOU confused them ... teee heee heee heee!

Supposedly, when it's frozen cold, Durian smells a lot less stinky and the other flavors come through. I'd try it.

They do durian everything. Milkshakes, icecream, bread, etc. I was not impressed. Now, the avocado milkshake was wonderful!

I got another box in the mail today.

Inside...was a zombie flamingo!

I shall call him, The General. He will lead the flock to victory over oppressive neighbors!

1077385_10151743616689336_2068354398_o.jpg

The for sure have it there, and you can also get it at the Vietnamese market at Beach and Bolsa - I think it is called Supermarket Vinh Fat. They have both Durian and Jack Fruit there.
So when you get it home, put it in the freezer, then after it is frozen, take it outside and cut it (with an axe or machete) and scoop the goop out, the goop is what you eat. I don't think you eat the flesh at all.

Durian shouldn't be goopy. It is kinda a cross between banana and avocado as far as texture. With a taste all it's own.

Huh?

You're buying a Compass Rose, not a Rick Turner. It's the Ukulele division of Renaissance Guitars. They don't claim that Rick makes each one. Considering they sell other instruments too it would be unreasonable to expect that he would make each one himself.

The ukes come in standard models, so "custom" is all relative. Rich ordered a model "B" with his choice of wood(s) and carbon fiber binding . . . and the pick up they keep overlooking:) Mine is a model "C" with my choices for purfling, color, wood, pick up and inlay. Because of the neck mix up, and it should be noted that the 14 fret to the neck was/is a new feature you can order (mine was one of the first requests), Rick worked quite extensively on mine. After doing the initial "fix" he wasn't satisfied with the sound and took it all apart again. If you take a mirror and look in the inside, you can faintly see where the braces used to be, you can also tell that my top was taken down thinner in some areas than others (basically he hand-tuned the top; which is pretty cool if you ask me).

At the very least, Rick laid out the bracing pattern specific for the top and applied the finish on Rich's uke.

Is Rick Turner an asshat on the threads? YES.

Is Rich's experience with Compass Rose the common experience for all of his customers?

NO!!!

You know if there was a big problem with customer service you would see thread after thread of complaints out there, because just like in here, people are looking to talk smack about the curmudgeonly rude guy.

Rich's situation absolutely sucks! I would be very disillusioned and angry if it happened to me and I would probably refuse the instrument, not because of the pick up but rather the lack of communication he has experienced. That's BS!!

But as far as I can see, and not just because I've met the guy, this isn't the norm for his business practices. It's like Rich hit the perfect storm of **** ups.

I'd order another CR in a heartbeat if I could afford it, as would most of his customers that I've talked with (more than a few of them have ordered again).

Sorry for the unintended rant.

okay .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom