::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 in a row is a full streak.

I will have to come over sometime so you can show me how to set up my display on this site. Everyone else's looks great while mine looks naked. Have learned quite a bit but still unsure of some aspects.

I will have to come over sometime so you can show me how to set up my display on this site. Everyone else's looks great while mine looks naked. Have learned quite a bit but still unsure of some aspects.

Naked posts are not allowed . . . :p

I'm finding that, after 20 years together, our marriage consists primarily of four items.

- what's for dinner
- what's on netflix
- hey can you do this thing I don't want to do/can't do
- listen/pretend to understand/care about this work thing I'm talking about

That's about it.

It seemed so much more complex in the early years.

I'm finding that, after 20 years together, our marriage consists primarily of four items.

- what's for dinner
- what's on netflix
- hey can you do this thing I don't want to do/can't do
- listen/pretend to understand/care about this work thing I'm talking about

That's about it.

It seemed so much more complex in the early years.

Is that a good thing?

Is that a good thing?

It's a wonderful thing!! :) I think we're in a great place. Not a lot of unknowns. Tons of support. Freedom to do what we each want to without worrying about the other one's judgment. Teamwork is our default.

Every day we ask each other, "what can I do today that would make your life easier?" and "what's one thing you want or need for me to accomplish today?"

It's a wonderful thing!! :) I think we're in a great place. Not a lot of unknowns. Tons of support. Freedom to do what we each want to without worrying about the other one's judgment. Teamwork is our default.

Every day we ask each other, "what can I do today that would make your life easier?" and "what's one thing you want or need for me to accomplish today?"

That is beautiful! Everyone should be so blessed!:)

I have several young friends who are just getting married, or still in the first few years, and it just makes me reflect on our struggle to get to where we are. I'm grateful.

Now, having said that, next week he'll tick me off. LOL

I have several young friends who are just getting married, or still in the first few years, and it just makes me reflect on our struggle to get to where we are. I'm grateful.

Now, having said that, next week he'll tick me off. LOL

He may not wait til next week . . . :p

We were sitting here cooking breakfast when we got ALERTS on our cell phones and TV to seek immediate shelter as there is an incoming ballistic missile threat which will arrive in minutes this is NOT a drill.

Five very tense minutes ensued until I was able to verify on the Hawaii Emergency department Twitter account that there was no threat.
Pacific Command DoD websites and all news sites were basically offline. Scary.
Eff 45!

We were sitting here cooking breakfast when we got ALERTS on our cell phones and TV to seek immediate shelter as there is an incoming ballistic missile threat which will arrive in minutes this is NOT a drill.

Five very tense minutes ensued until I was able to verify on the Hawaii Emergency department Twitter account that there was no threat.
Pacific Command DoD websites and all news sites were basically offline. Scary.
Eff 45!

I'm very happy that you were not incinerated this morning.

Yikes. Scary shizzle. Maybe it was prep just in case something was to be launched.

The cell phone alert was activated in error is what they are saying now. There were no civil defense sirens. The TV crawl was activated shortly afterwards. As I tried to seek confirmation from Pacific command, DoD, and Hawaii news sites, all of which were non-responsive probably because everyone in the state was trying to do the same thing. Because of hurricane and taunami danger I also subscribe to Honolulu Civil Beat,
a non-profit news source that is fair and has no political agenda, and they tweeted that Hawaii Emergency Services said there was no threat.
Not sure what really happened, doubt we we ever really know.
My first thought was hacking, but news seems to lean towards just an error.
The real shame is that a message like this is believable at all.
I told Nanilei at least we would not suffer - we are right at Pearl Harbor. I am sure if an ICBM came this way it would be over swiftly.

Chuck Moore just posted something similar on Facebook.

The cell phone alert was activated in error is what they are saying now. There were no civil defense sirens. The TV crawl was activated shortly afterwards. As I tried to seek confirmation from Pacific command, DoD, and Hawaii news sites, all of which were non-responsive probably because everyone in the state was trying to do the same thing. Because of hurricane and taunami danger I also subscribe to Honolulu Civil Beat,
a non-profit news source that is fair and has no political agenda, and they tweeted that Hawaii Emergency Services said there was no threat.
Not sure what really happened, doubt we we ever really know.
My first thought was hacking, but news seems to lean towards just an error.
The real shame is that a message like this is believable at all.
I told Nanilei at least we would not suffer - we are right at Pearl Harbor. I am sure if an ICBM came this way it would be over swiftly.

Yeah, especially when you have a whacko that has the security codes and could push a button "just to show them".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom