::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys eat any "weird" foods or weird combinations of foods.

For instance, right now I'm eating a liverwurst with ketchup sandwich.

When I used to spend the summers with my great uncles they used to feed me this for lunches. Working in the orchard all morning even Vienna sausages would taste good. Anyhow, every once in a while I get a craving for that sandwich. Usually when I'm feeling nostalgic. My uncles said they were fed liverwurst in the internment camps and eating with ketchup was the only way they could get themselves to eat it.

I guess they got used to it or they were trying to punish me. :)

Not me, I don't think.so.
Nanilei recently discovered coconut syrup on corned beef hash though, she says it's amazing.

Is peanut butter and cheese weird?

My favorite all time inebriated discovery was a wheat hot dog bun liberally smeared with peanut butter and filled with spaghetti with marinara sauce. I dare you to try it.

Peanut butter pasta sandwich.

might give it a go if it ever occurs to me when I have the ingredients.

When I used to spend the summers with my great uncles they used to feed me this for lunches. Working in the orchard all morning even Vienna sausages would taste good. Anyhow, every once in a while I get a craving for that sandwich. Usually when I'm feeling nostalgic. My uncles said they were fed liverwurst in the internment camps and eating with ketchup was the only way they could get themselves to eat it.

I just had a, I don't know what...
I took a wheat tortilla (maybe 10"), cooked one egg (A pinch of salt and Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime) put it in there some cheese (Pepper Jack) a little louisiana hot sauce, then grabbed a hand full of salad from our bowl (our salads are full of vegetables) and a little Thousand Island dressing (Maybe a teaspoon?).

And that was lunch.

I ate liverwurst on wheat thins with my cousin, Kim, when I spent time at her family's house. I remember liking it. I haven't had it since.

Last edited:
It's so horrible. No relief in sight, is there?

no containment on the one getting all the houses. There are something like 9 separate fires all in that area. One friend evacuated to one of her friend's house and her own house has been spared so far but last night they had to evacuate again from where they were staying.

This morning they showed the Hilton burned to the ground. We stayed there a few weeks ago when James had a basketball camp in Santa Rosa.

Initial investigation points towards PG&E. First the gas line explosion and now this. Our rates are going to go sky high when they fine them bajillion of dollars.

For weird food combos, I ocasionally eat ketchup on rice mixed with butter and soy sauce. Usually with scrambled eggs, but sometimes with cheese melted on top. My mom used to make this concoction for me when I was little. I guess it's a comfort food thing.

Is peanut butter and cheese weird?

My favorite all time inebriated discovery was a wheat hot dog bun liberally smeared with peanut butter and filled with spaghetti with marinara sauce. I dare you to try it.

That reminds me, we once had spaghetti tacos. It was a dish on Bri's favorite TV show when she was in 3rd-4th grade. It was good.

For weird food combos, I ocasionally eat ketchup on rice mixed with butter and soy sauce. Usually with scrambled eggs, but sometimes with cheese melted on top. My mom used to make this concoction for me when I was little. I guess it's a comfort food thing.

The Korean restaurant near me (which is really good by the way) has this one, what I find odd, dish on their menu. It's a stew that has basically Top Ramen, Vienna sausage and Spam in like a Kim Chee broth.

Ji gae with canned meats and Top Ramen.

I just had a, I don't know what...
I took a wheat tortilla (maybe 10"), cooked one egg (A pinch of salt and Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime) put it in there some cheese (Pepper Jack) a little louisiana hot sauce, then grabbed a hand full of salad from our bowl (our salads are full of vegetables) and a little Thousand Island dressing (Maybe a teaspoon?).

And that was lunch.

Sounds yummy.

The Korean restaurant near me (which is really good by the way) has this one, what I find odd, dish on their menu. It's a stew that has basically Top Ramen, Vienna sausage and Spam in like a Kim Chee broth.

Ji gae with canned meats and Top Ramen.

It's probably their version of budae jjigae. Korean soldiers in the '50-'60s invented the stew out of necessity to make their field rations of canned meat, canned kimchi, and whaterever else they had on hand to make it more appealing to eat. Some people seem to have a fondness for it.

My dad would make a weekend stew out of leftovers he found while cleaning the fridge on the same concept. It would have things like the last hotdog in the package, lunch meat about to expire, leftover fish, scraps of veggies, and kimchi. It was never the same stew twice, and actually delicious.

It's probably their version of budae jjigae. Korean soldiers in the '50-'60s invented the stew out of necessity to make their field rations of canned meat, canned kimchi, and whaterever else they had on hand to make it more appealing to eat. Some people seem to have a fondness for it.

My dad would make a weekend stew out of leftovers he found while cleaning the fridge on the same concept. It would have things like the last hotdog in the package, lunch meat about to expire, leftover fish, scraps of veggies, and kimchi. It was never the same stew twice, and actually delicious.

The bacteria from the Kim Chee must kill any bad bacteria from everything else.

I want to try it but it's expensive. It would kill me to pay that much knowing what the food cost is.

Is that how you spell jjigae? EVERY restaurant spells it different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom