::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A FANTASTIC addition is about 1tsp of porcini powder - add it with the cream.

I have never seen porcini powder.

Can I just add a wild mushroom medly? They sell all types of mushrooms at this fancy pants grocery on the way home.

OMG. She may have to get TWO crazy kitchen gadgets this year!

Oh dear - no. Love the idea but WAY too many 1-star reviews. I want a crazy gadget, but it needs to do the job right (which is why the Rollie was so fantastic - insane gadget that works right EVERY TIME).

I thought the butter knife that makes butter zest for toast was cool too. It would melt immediately.

That one kind of made me snork - I have no trouble scraping fine butter shavings with a regular table knife.

I knew it was in there, I just forgot to type it. I had an Alfredo the other night that had basil in it. It was really good.

Really, Basil is great in just about everything. I'm sure it was delicious - just can't quite picture it in my head.

I have never seen porcini powder.

Can I just add a wild mushroom medly? They sell all types of mushrooms at this fancy pants grocery on the way home.

Get dried porcinis and whirl them in a food processor until they're powder. One package will whirl up into a grocery store-sized spice jar. Definitely worth the trouble (and it's really not any trouble - if I do it it must be easy). I've heard you can buy porcini powder, but this is the only way I've ever done it.

There's one that scrambles the egg inside the shell so you just have to crick it into a pan.

I've seen both electric and manual versions of that one. The manual one holds the egg in a chamber with two strings - you wind it up and pull the strings apart and it spins the egg. I assume it just puts so much force on it that the yolk membrane breaks and everything inside mixes together.

Trying to think of something quick to cook for dinner tonight.

My go-to that I know James will love is a steak.

Maybe I'll make fettuccine Alfredo with chicken and broccoli. That would be pretty simple to throw together.

Pork chops and potatoes in the instant pot. Almost ready. Yummy!!

24831334_10155968640054962_2497179668562322013_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom