Boston Ukulele Flash Mob

Demimondaine

Reaction score
I am organizing a ukulele flash mob in Boston on 19 January. All skill levels welcome. We will be performing "The Hanging Tree" from The Hunger Games: Mockingjay. For more information, including location and chord sheets, please go to our invite!

Sounds like a great idea, however it saddens me that you made this into some kind of political event. Regardless, best of luck.

I'd agree with POP57. That's the reason I won't make the drive down

Election is over- whether your preferred candidate won or lost, it's time to move on.....

I'd agree with POP57. That's the reason I won't make the drive down

Election is over- whether your preferred candidate won or lost, it's time to move on.....

Well... ummm... didn't somebody say this wasn't the place for politics??? Because that sure sounded a lot like politics...

Just saying and if it's politics then there is sure as heck somebody out there that feels exactly opposite the way you do and is probably vehement about it to boot. So let's not cause a squabble about you know who here too because there's plenty of that going around.

-- Gary

I was just hoping to see the music...this might be a song my students might like to play...but it wasn't easily accessible on Facebook and I'm not joining that again!

This makes me want to do a ukulele flash mob for fun (without purpose).

You know you? I'm up for protesting against Voldemort.

This thread was reported due to the perceived political aspect.

After consideration, I feel that there are no real grounds for objection. This thread was really just a heads-up about the event. The OP did not proselytise or preach, nor post anything that seemed intended to start political discussion. All specific political aspects were confined to the Facebook platform.

Furthermore, the event did not promote bigotry, hate speech or anything bullying or oppressive.

IMO, the thread is fine. Thanks to the OP for not posting explicit, politically provocative content.

Top Bottom