Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

I'm going to let Tiffany have a listen first, but yeah, I think that's what I'll do. In the long term, I want to have this one as a low G uke, and I don't have any spare low G sets for concert at the moment. I have a set of bionylons that might work in the interim.

I'm not sure what strings they used for this uke, but it has a wound C string. It seems like they've taken a low G nylon set, but then used it to string the uke re-entrant, so the G string becomes the C string and so on. It's very strange.

sage advice? pls tell me true:

shoot_moon.png

credit/source from 'The Oatmeal', here

Here's another from The Oatmeal that I thought was a nice thought, and can apply to everyone/anyone...

save_the_world.png

source here

Here's another from The Oatmeal that I thought was a nice thought, and can apply to everyone/anyone...

save_the_world.png

source here

This sentiment really bugs me. From the other perspective it could be written as "I could be saving the world if you weren't being so needy." Yeah I know, I'm a just being a big grump. Don't mind me. Carry on.

This sentiment really bugs me. From the other perspective it could be written as "I could be saving the world if you weren't being so needy." Yeah I know, I'm a just being a big grump. Don't mind me. Carry on.

I never would have thought of it that way. Interesting. No worries!

Just bought myself a (new to me) pre used 'toy' - but it's not a uke!

I was rooting around the other day & came across my flute, bought pre used back in about 2002, (which was pre internet for me).

Didn't really got on with it back then, couldn't get the embouchure, but since I've learned to play uke, & am learning to play harmonica, I thought I'd get myself a copy of the 'Flute for Dummies' book.

Anyway, whilst on the internet browsing, I came across the Yamaha plastic fife, ordered it, & it arrived the other day, & that sparked off my old wanting to try a piccolo.
So I went browsing again, they're expensive beasties, a Yamaha YPC-32 student piccolo is £567, I found a 'new old stock' one priced at £499.99, & was very tempted.
But, continuing my 'research', I came across a pre used YPC-32 for £285 - how could I resist - so it will be on its way to me very soon.

So now I will have to share my time between these, my harmonicas, & my ukes - who knew retirement would be so busy. :D

So now I will have to share my time between these, my harmonicas, & my ukes - who knew retirement would be so busy. :D

Congrats Keith!

It is a true blessing that we live in a time where joy can be found easily through music.

If/when you learn to do multi-tracking you can combine all of your instruments together, and maybe realize a whole new level of creativity...(just a thought :))

For BEV from a Finnish performance artist who demands his own stage and plays a two sting CBG.

My Big Week!

Boy, do I have a big week in store for me! Let me share, day-by-day:

Sunday: My group, "Forté and the Pianissimos" (which includes Seasonistas Forte, AJ, & Shannon) has just finished our album of all-original music. I get the final product today, and will make videos of all the songs with lyrics and chords so that folks can play along.

Monday: We will be tuning 50 Kala ukuleles! A local music store has given us 50 ukuleles to use for our big "play-along" shows on Saturday and Sunday, and they need to be tuned up! We will also be playing them while being recorded.

Tuesday: Practice session before the big shows!

Wednesday: Mile of Music Kick-Off! My group opens the Mile of Music festival at the Fox Valley Performing Arts Center. Very big deal!

Thursday: Ukulele Beginners' Workshop

Friday: Ukulele Beginners' Workshop

Saturday: Big concert at Lawrence Memorial Chapel!

Sunday: Another big concert at the Chapel!

Whew!

Last edited:
Randy - I am confident that you will have a great time with all the joy and music you will be sharing to so many folks...

Thank you for spreading it around in your corner of the planet. :)

Ok I have a youtube question :wallbash:

About a month ago my computer started acting up because I had nearly every video Ive done (550+) still on the hard drive. I decided to delete them all because I knew they were on YT. I have been uploading since 2013 and I recently noticed that my channel will only display back a year. I know all the videos are there because I can find them on my manager. I thought maybe it was a new feature on YT so I checked out some of your channels to find that I can go all the way back to the beginning or your first posts.

Now the reason that I am concerned is because if I die tomorrow my family won't be able to go to my channel and find ALL of my vids. The biggest reason for setting up my channel was for my family so they would have access to what Ive done.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue? I tried to check to see if I may have accidentally set my channel to do this in settings but I can't find anything that indicates you can even do that.

Help!!

Sometimes when I go back to an old vid in the video manager it won't play really old vids but if I do a search in YouTube it will find them and play them. So they're still viable.
So just do a YouTube search and see if they play that way.

For the future, get a large external hard drive and transfer your videos to it from time to time to free up internal hard drive space. External USB hard drives up to 2Tb are quite reasonably priced. Another thought, YouTube massively compress videos so keeping your own preserves the original quality.

Top Bottom