A very unique Gibson ukulele made by Greg Rich

The Pearloid reminds me of a material used in the 50s for back splashes and kitchen chairs and table edging.

The uke looks like a commemorative design for an event.

Pretty spectacular.

You're right Badhabits, the back illustration does look Nagle-esque. He is most famously known for the illustrations he did for Playboy magazine in the 70s & 80s. (he died 1984) But has had many exhibits of his art at museums and galleries. His prints sell for quite a lot. The illustration on the uke does look like it was inspired by his work.

... the back illustration does look Nagle-esque. He is most famously known for the illustrations he did for Playboy magazine in the 70s & 80s. (he died 1984) But has had many exhibits of his art at museums and galleries.
His prints sell for quite a lot. The illustration on the uke does look like it was inspired by his work.
His prints used to sell for quite a lot. If they still do please tell me where, so I can unload the Nagels and Mukais I got in the mid 80s!

His prints used to sell for quite a lot. If they still do please tell me where, so I can unload the Nagels and Mukais I got in the mid 80s!
I want to say I was looking at a couple of art sites on Etsy and they had Nagle prints as well as other artists. I'm afraid I didn't bookmark the sellers.

Artsy.net have a number of Nagel prints listed. I didn't buy, because the ones I liked were more than I wanted to pay.

Here’s another of the “special model” Gibsons, which I gather were produced in the 1920s-30s. This is the Poinsettia model

Quick, bid before it gets away

Quick, bid before it gets away
Too bad my name's not Johnny. I'll have to pass.
pn7jqcblbes5bydjalqv.jpg

You could always change your name...

So- I'm guessing this was not a garage sale super deal... Are you willing to say what this gem cost you?

Top Bottom