Any ideas?

MisoHappy

Reaction score
So there's this team society thing going on for the 6th graders at our school. Most of us have jobs, which we get paid for every week. This fake money (called Brain Cells) is used for a final objective: Market day. Before market day, we need to think of something to sell; something we make ourselves, then make it. We are selling to about 100-150 people in all, so it's gotta be something easy. My partners and I have decided to make...............Flubber.

It's a sort of cross between playdough and slime

BUT since I know of another team that's selling flubber, we gotta be better. So we're selling T-shirts also. A variation of the staff shirts I have for us

SO OUT OF CURIOSITY, WHAT WOULD YOU SELL???

-It has to be hand-made
-it can't be food
-It has to be possible to finish at least 50 in 6 weeks

Have fun

If you can get your hands on a bunch of old vinyl records (.25 cent bins or something) you can make these cool bowls:

recordbow2l250x188rj7.jpg

Any old, unwanted books lying around? Make secret hollow books:

book12em6.jpg

Magnets are pretty easy to make too, like these emoticon magnets:

craftmagnetsgi4.jpg

If you can get your hands on a bunch of old vinyl records (.25 cent bins or something) you can make these cool bowls:

recordbow2l250x188rj7.jpg

Any old, unwanted books lying around? Make secret hollow books:

book12em6.jpg

Magnets are pretty easy to make too, like these emoticon magnets:

craftmagnetsgi4.jpg

The 8th graders make that bowl in art elective!
Lol, I saw a book like that at the As Seen on TV store, I'd feez like I'm smuggling something haha.
Those magnets are a look a lot better than some of the magnets I've seen in my class.;)

Easy. Write and complete a homemade zombie movie and sell copies of the DVD. No more questions. Get writing and filming. You only have six weeks.

-Jeff

Yep, zombie movie. Definitely.

There's a book you can buy, http://www.amazon.com/How-Write-Movie-21-Days/dp/0062730665

OR,

make a CD of your Ukulele music, get your team to help write songs, sing, kazoo backup, record, edit, and then BOOM, you're a recording artist! And don't forget a righteous cover-design for the CD, and then there's the "Making Of" DVD for an extra fee! Mo Money Mo Money Mo money!

Easy. Write and complete a homemade zombie movie and sell copies of the DVD. No more questions. Get writing and filming. You only have six weeks.

-Jeff

Technically, I have 8 days :D
Good idea though :D

Hmm... is there a price limit for what you make to sell?

food is always good. I like food.

Scented soap?

Even better, razor blade soap.

On a more serious note, I'd suggest duct tape wallets. I made one when I went to college as a replacement for a leather wallet my grandfather made for me before he passed away (I wanted to keep the leather one nice). It was perfectly functional, and people always asked me about it. No joke, I once got pulled over for a headlight being burned out and the state trooper asked me about the wallet. He went from being really gruff and stern to being a nice, everyday guy.

Think about it -- they don't take long to make, they're useful, and the starting cost isn't too high. Do a price check on google, some are selling as high as $23.95.

Hmm... is there a price limit for what you make to sell?

food is always good. I like food.

dude........That totally would have been my very first idea, but mah teacher said "No food; everyone will start eating in the hallway, there'll be crumbs all over the floor, roaches in the building, and terrified teachers curled up on their desks. :p

Price limit? It's supposed to be 10$ per person, so 30$ for my team, but who's checking?:D

o_O dats dangerous, and contraband in school.....mebbe I'll make some for myself though...

On a more serious note, I'd suggest duct tape wallets.

Now that is cool. I'll have to make one of those too.

Think about it -- they don't take long to make, they're useful, and the starting cost isn't too high. Do a price check on google, some are selling as high as ]$23.95[/URL].

(!?) Too bad we're using fake money!

Top Bottom