Fingernails - the end-all for nail questions

I think what drives me crazy about having longer fingernails is typing with them.... if even a tip of the nail hits the key on the keyboard instead of my fingertip - it just feels awkward to me. I don't want to type with my nails. I want to type with my fingers.

What you need is a new keyboard. Old funky keyboards with keys that are raised up really high... yes this could be a problem. More modern slimmed keyboards it is absolutely no issue to type with nails, even when mine have been at their longest (longer than the picture) I have not had problems. Also some mac keyboards suck, although their newer ones have slimmed down a lot.

I recently stopped biting mine after 30 years, very hard to do, but I have one question. Should I use a nail strengthener? I have no issues but I find it easier to not bite them if they have something on them.
I I do use something, any type better than others?

I have been a fingernail biter my whole life. I recently quit to grow my nails out....and they were so frail from biting they would just break the second they got any lenght to them. I am currently trying out some clear nailpolish strenther my Girlfriend had. I recomment it to anyone habing issues it has been working fantastic for me.

I recently stopped biting mine after 30 years, very hard to do, but I have one question. Should I use a nail strengthener? I have no issues but I find it easier to not bite them if they have something on them.
I I do use something, any type better than others?

I have been biting my nails as long as I can remember. Recently, I quit the habit but as soon as my nails get any length to them they would break. My years of biting has taken its toll. I started using a bottle of my girlfriends clear nailpolish nail strengthener. It has been working great for me. I'll forget the name of it but ill go check.

I have eliminated my thumb nail, and now use a thumb pick, I also cut my nails shorter than I used to, because of fear of ripping them off in sports and the like. I will get a new picture up next chance I get.

Your nails will strengthen, they just need time. I was never a nail biter, but instead of trimming my nails I used to just bite them down. So mine were quite weak at first too. Over time and with trial and error I have learned how to shape them into strong shapes, and they have become VERY strong.

I have eliminated my thumb nail, and now use a thumb pick, I also cut my nails shorter than I used to, because of fear of ripping them off in sports and the like. I will get a new picture up next chance I get.

Your nails will strengthen, they just need time. I was never a nail biter, but instead of trimming my nails I used to just bite them down. So mine were quite weak at first too. Over time and with trial and error I have learned how to shape them into strong shapes, and they have become VERY strong.

Mine will never be strong. I don't bite them or anything they're just very thin and flexible. Not useful for picking! I have a set of AlaskaPiks that I keep meaning to give a serious try. They make the uke really loud though so I'm not sure how this will work out.

Let's not post pictures of my fingernails, that's just too embarassing, I am a nailbiter, there I said it. I have good callouses on my chord fingertips though. I play with my fingertips on uke or use a medium pick for guitars.

Top Bottom