Good Sale Blems on Kala website

SkeeterAB

Reaction score
If you are interested in the Kala mid range ukes there are some good deals on Kala blems currently on the Kala website under “Kala Warehouse Sale”. A friend in my uke class just got a Blem concert all solid satin mahogany for $130. She and I both examined it and neither of us can find the blemish. The are also quite a few of the good looking exotic wood laminate ukes on sale in concert and tenor size (e.g. macawood, ziricote, bocote, ebony, etc.),

I am desperately trying to resist the temptation to get the premier macawood tenor. I have never played a tenor before. I know it is a laminate, but it is beautiful and has a nice comfort arm rest and upgraded graph tech ratio tuners.

Maybe I will buy this one and have it sent to the office so I can hide my UAS 😉

Last week I picked up a nice Kala Travel Tenor "Exotic Mahogany" for under $120 from their "blemished" or stock reduction. Box was labeled "old stock." and the only blemish I could find was a number " 2 " stamped on the backside of the headstock, between the tuners. (looks like a little birth mark!). It's clearly all laminate, but it sounds great, and the setup is spot on for me... Action @ 2.6, smooth fret ends, no other flaws. I did notice the side dots seemed 'off', so I rubbed one and it came off! I scrapped the others off and replaced them with drilled and glued dots. Didn't like the tuners, so I replaced them with some KoAloha's that I had exchanged for GoTohs. Absolutely the best $100+ I've spent on a uke.

Top Bottom